• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 size 4 Irvin jacket

Andrew

Strange looking collar, i'm not convinced it's not an FAA type with the hood cut off, collar reshaped and a strap added.

I've had one exactly the same (seams, leather type, lightning zip but still with hood).

A shot from the back would sort that out. I'll email him.

Andrew

Just for interest I asked the question- this is his reply...

"I'm not quite sure what you mean by this....I've had dozens of these
through my hands, all I believe geniune, I've no idea what a Fleet Air arm
hood looks like......I'll add a picture of the back of the collar tomorrow
if this will help..."

Roughwear

Sounds as if he has actually handled very few Irvins. Anyone who regularly sells Irvins would surely know about the CC Irvin.

Andrew

It's probably just the photos making it appear strange, the new shot from the back looks ok, except that the fixings for the elastic strap are quite high.

Maybe the jackets been washed sometime giving it that raggedy look.

Roughwear

I agree with you Andrew, the collar is original. It appears to be made of thinner fleece than on many I have seen which from the front gives the impression its a cut down CC hood. Well observed about the placing of the eyelets. They seem to be higher up and closer together than you see on the majority of Irvins.