• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100th Bomb Group Museum Thorpe Abbotts

917_k

Finding myself back in Norfolk for the weekend visiting my family, I decided to pay a visit to the 100th Bomb Group museum at Thorpe Abbotts.

As luck would have it, this weekend was their re-opening weekend after winter (didn't feel much like Spring mind you) and there was a great buzz of activity on site, with plenty of visitors and a warm, welcoming reception from the volunteers. It’s the first time I’ve visited and I cannot recommend it enough. The jacket collection was especially impressive and now has me seriously hankering after an original A-2.

Anyway, here’s a bunch of photos, enjoy!

IMG_9310.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

IMG_9339.jpeg

IMG_9338.jpeg

IMG_9321.jpeg

IMG_9286.jpeg

IMG_9291.jpeg

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9261.jpeg

Cont…

johnwayne

Went there a good few years ago so this excellent post has reminded me I need to go again as it looks better than I recall! Ironically not so long ago I sent Grant a copy of the booklet from back then to go with his 100th Tribute jacket!! Also living SE London means I could actually do it in a day!!!

blackrat2

Some great pics you’ve posted up, thanks for the mini tour , certainly need to get out and have a look at this museum in the near future.
Sad reflection on me that there are so many things to see in the UK but it’s easy to stay local and get caught up in the rat race