• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Turning down the $300.00 offer might have been a mistake ... as well as the obvious problems, the sleeves have been severely shortened.

RCSignals

the sleeves are short. I asked for clarification

From the middle of the neck to the shoulder seam is 10" - 10 1/4". From the shoulder seam down the arm to the cuff end is actually 23".

442RCT

rocco74 said:
he also need a nose art picture .

It looks like someone started to paint the back, then changed their mind and tried to wipe it off with solvent, which caused the smearing. If the jacket were one size smaller and $ 125 less, I might have bought it for a painter. ;) I guess instead of a redye, you could get a flag and a blood chit sewn on to cover the smear. :roll:

Monsoon

442RCT said:
rocco74 said:
he also need a nose art picture .
It looks like someone started to paint the back, then changed their mind and tried to wipe it off with solvent, which caused the smearing. If the jacket were one size smaller and $ 125 less, I might have bought it for a painter. ;) I guess instead of a redye, you could get a flag and a blood chit sewn on to cover the smear. :roll:

Never thought that someone tried to paint the back, but your solution of a blood chit is a good one.

Monsoon

deeb7 said:
Turning down the $300.00 offer might have been a mistake ... as well as the obvious problems, the sleeves have been severely shortened.

I agree about the him turning down the three hundred bones. I didn't notice that the sleeves had been shortened, tho.

asiamiles

442RCT said:
It looks like someone started to paint the back
Indeed. And if the seller really found it at a garage sale then presumably they didn't pay much for it...and you would think would be happy with $300. That and their refusal to ship overseas should be a good indicator to look elsewhere unless knowledgeable about dyeing..I have a leather jacket that needs a redye and it's just been sitting in the closet for 3 years as I have no idea how to proceed with it.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
..I have a leather jacket that needs a redye and it's just been sitting in the closet for 3 years as I have no idea how to proceed with it.

If this seller gets a bid, you have your answer. ;)

Monsoon

Looks like he took off the "BIN" price and it's strictly auction. One bid of $250. I bet he's wishing he took the $300 now.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Monsoon said:
Looks like he took off the "BIN" price and it's strictly auction. One bid of $250. I bet he's wishing he took the $300 now.

Without a reserve, the BIN is no longer available once a bid has been placed. Even at $250 he's doing fine ... she's pretty messed up.

arclight

deeb7 said:
Monsoon said:

Without a reserve, the BIN is no longer available once a bid has been placed. Even at $250 he's doing fine ... she's pretty messed up.

It's up to $455 now.