• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who in their right mind will buy these jackets?

a2jacketpatches

Looks to me like he's got good stuff and has accepted what most likely was reasonable offers on the big dollar items. Like many Ebay sellers, you can ask all you want but what you'll actually get is another story. Do you know this guy and call him dodgy from a personal experience?

ADC

I bought a jacket from one of this Ebay sellers alter ego's a while back. A good lesson for me in my newbie days. He or she trades under several names selling mostly real cool and stunning early German motorcycle jackets tricked up as Luftwaffe. On Auction they sell real well.

Roughwear

ADC said:
I bought a jacket from one of this Ebay sellers alter ego's a while back. A good lesson for me in my newbie days. He or she trades under several names selling mostly real cool and stunning early German motorcycle jackets tricked up as Luftwaffe. On Auction they sell real well.

This is true and why I used dodgy seller. I have personal experience with this guy who bought a bike jacket from me and dressed it up as an original Luftwaffe jacket and tried to sell it as such!

a2jacketpatches

Well that's cheating for sure, one thing to call a blank period Moto Jacket Luft, another thing to dress it up and call it Luft.

flyboy

The white "Wehrmacht" coat looks very much like a swedish army coat from the 60's. I once had one just like it.

Falcon_52

I'm not a zipper expert but would a French zipper pull from that era have "Made in France" stamped on it? It fits more easily on the zip than "Fabrique en France" but just struck me as odd.

Nice looking jacket though...too pricey of course.

Noel

Silver Surfer

agreed, soren. during the 1960s, early 70s these jackets [coats] were showing up in the us. obviously an army-navy importer had a large shipment, and they became a fashion item with the hipster underground. all were vintage 1950s?, and all were made in sweden .

flyboy

Yours truly. East Berlin. 1968.

Photo thanks to the East German Border Police. But that's a long story. :D
Just look at the coat...

flyboy

The short version is that I was on my way back from Praha by train.
Had five hours wait for the next train in East Berlin. It was a very early sunday morning and there was absolutely nothing open or nothing to do at the train station, so I decided to take a stroll along the Berlin Wall.

I walked the route with another group of tourists and at some time a police car just followed us very slowly.
I turned around and looked at them, where upon they stopped the car and call me over.

I was told to get into the car - on the front seat.
They asked me a lot of questions - where I came from, what I was doing here, where I was heading etc etc...They also wanted my passport and while they were checking my ID on the police radio, I saw they had taken a couple of polaroid picture of me just as I looked at them.

After a couple of minutes they were satisfied with my ID and my answers and told me to go directly back to the train station and wait there for my train.
On the way out of the car, I managed to steal one of the photos.

That's about it!

Peter Graham

Cool story Soren and a great photo. Still evidence of bomb damage all around. By the way, you look like Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider in that photo. :)