• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

entertainment

Down the shore with my GW Pancho Barnes.

pb shore.jpg

John Luder

WHAT TO WEAR!?
For you near London and in Western Europe; I know what the forecasts say, and I know there'll be rain.
I'll be in London, Normandy, Paris (not leaving the hotel), Arnhem, Luxembourg, Frankfort, back to London. Between May 28 and June 14th.
In Southern Cal., this time of year, it's a damp-ish 55 at night, 70 during the day, with overcast.
I have my 6552, A-2, B-10. I think the 37-J1 will be too light and not shed much water.
All comments are welcome.
Cheers

B-Man2

Wherever I travel I take an A2 and a Barbour waxed jacket with me and I’m covered for all types of weather . If it rains the Barbour gets the call . If it’s chilly the A2 is my choice . If it’s cold, raining or snowing I layer the A2 under the Barbour and I’m good to go. Throw in a heavy jumper or Battle of Britain sweater and you’re good for the the North of Norway ;)

John Luder

I forgot to add that the best part of that combination is that they all fit in your suitcase .!
For international, I get 70 lbs. Half of that would be the B-10 and 6552, while I wear the A-2.
It occurs to me that there will be more flight jackets and pairs of khakis at Normandy than there will be actual D-Day Vets.
Every second male in England and on the Continent will be wearing something with a squadron patch and/or Allied shoulder patch. At least I won't stand out as an odd-ball.

B-Man2

For international, I get 70 lbs. Half of that would be the B-10 and 6552, while I wear the A-2.
It occurs to me that there will be more flight jackets and pairs of khakis at Normandy than there will be actual D-Day Vets.
Every second male in England and on the Continent will be wearing something with a squadron patch and/or Allied shoulder patch. At least I won't stand out as an odd-ball.
You’re right about the 70 lb weight thing. So wear the A2 and pack the Barbour which is medium weight and you’ll have more room and less weight in your suitcase .

Micawber

The photo doesn’t portray just how soaked through this GW Perry and I got while shifting electric fencing and repairing a gutter in the hissing rain this morning. Yes I could have got someone in to do the gutter but that would be admitting defeat. Got to keep keeping on even though it hurts!

IMG_3099.jpeg

Last edited:

Micawber

WHAT TO WEAR!?
For you near London and in Western Europe; I know what the forecasts say, and I know there'll be rain.
I'll be in London, Normandy, Paris (not leaving the hotel), Arnhem, Luxembourg, Frankfort, back to London. Between May 28 and June 14th.
In Southern Cal., this time of year, it's a damp-ish 55 at night, 70 during the day, with overcast.
I have my 6552, A-2, B-10. I think the 37-J1 will be too light and not shed much water.
All comments are welcome.
Cheers

If you are not leaving the hotel I would say pyjamas and dressing gown and maybe a toothbrush ;););)

Edited to add winky emoji's as I can't get the option to show on my iPhone.

Last edited:

bseal

Last edited: