• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

Enjoying my Headwind Aero today
IMG_9943.jpeg

IMG_9928.jpeg

John Luder

ATF WWII USN denim dungaree jumper.
Like this one a lot. Easy to wear, either as an over-shirt or as a light jacket

View attachment 145409View attachment 145411View attachment 145413
I love my jumper (dungaree jumper, taken from 1941 regs). Goes great with well-worn khakis, uh, karkees. They look very nautical over a chambray shirt. You might even look like Cary Grant in Father Goose. But those split rings will snag the crap out of a knit sweater worn underneath. Beware. And they're a bitch to remove and replace.
Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 9.57.14 PM.png

Last edited:

Adama36

i own the whole set - was on discount when i ordered it an dirt cheap - doesn't look that nicely broken in like yours ...

just like you said: easy to wear as an overcoat

wTkQ8i4.jpg
got also the whole set but wearing everything together is a little bit too much for me.

I like to mix things up. I wear these light weight denim trousers during the summer a lot with just a shirt or a polo

newagegeezer

Dirty and bedraggled ATF tanker aka my go to chores jacket.

View attachment 145569

No visible vintage leather but rest assured I am wearing one of my Edwardian hand sewn chamois thongs from the world renowned Hobson Gentleman’s Undergarments whose premises were in Snifter Row, Soho, London.

;)
Hobson's... now that was a shop (boutique?), great line in leather codpieces as well, think they supplied Theophilus T. Wildebeest's for the Comedy Relief show, but shurely this is for a different type of forum, nudge nudge

Micawber

Hobson's... now that was a shop (boutique?), great line in leather codpieces as well, think they supplied Theophilus T. Wildebeest's for the Comedy Relief show, but shurely this is for a different type of forum, nudge nudge

That's the very place, well known for their fine range of drop front pantaloons with their unique patented anti draught flaps.

John Luder

i own the whole set - was on discount when i ordered it an dirt cheap - doesn't look that nicely broken in like yours ...

just like you said: easy to wear as an overcoat

wTkQ8i4.jpg
Very nice. The shirt's a nice shade. Wash the pants a few more times, maybe in a capful of bleach or color remover. It's the first thing I do after I've tried the fit and know it where it will shrink. Cold water if there's no room for shrinkage. Slowly, and gradually, not a big dump of bleach on the first go round. Saftly, saftly, catchy fadey. Then attack the jumper separately. I added a cigarette pocket on the left breast of mine, made from Salvation Army jeans. Not a match, not even close, clearly an afterthought. Like Ted Lawson, of the Doolittle Raiders, cutting up another A-2 and putting an extra pocket on the right breast.

John Luder

My jumper with the cigarette pocket. UCLA Bruins Baseball cap, 1940-41, Buck Compton and a lad with a bit of promise, Jackie Robinson.
My new 37-J1, fits just like John Wayne's in They Were Expendable. They put the zipper box and slide on the wrong side (more on that if I don't get a response). Chambray shirt with cigarette pocket. Original N-3 that I bought 37 years ago for less than $1. What am I saving it for? My daughters in their 30s? What am I going to do with it, at 70, if I don't use it now? Navy stamp still clear enough.
Cheers,
John
IMG_0832.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg

John Luder

Once you retire it doesn’t matter anymore. I never know day it is anymore. Was bad enough when I worked shift work. Now it’s completely out the window. Just good days and bad ones now;)
I've been retired for 4.5 years. Every day is a Saturday, except we only go to Mass one of those Saturdays.
I'm losing my socialization skills. Nothing quite like coffee and B.S. first thing in the morning. So, I'm planning to go back to work part time when the current District Attorney for LA County is ousted in November.
If you're planning a trip to the West Coast, avoid LA, San Fran, and Oakland. San Diego might be ok with all the Marines wandering around on days off.
Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 7.34.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 7.33.37 PM.png