• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Good old North Ontar-I-Oh.
I actually drove up to sauble beach today for the first time since I was a teenager. Last time I was there was 1977, driving my buddies 4x4 ford in Lake Huron, quite a distance from shore. Until I swamped the engine. Took another 5 or 6 beers before we got it started. I honestly don’t know how I lived past the age of 20;)

B-Man2

I actually drove up to sauble beach today for the first time since I was a teenager. Last time I was there was 1977, driving my buddies 4x4 ford in Lake Huron, quite a distance from shore. Until I swamped the engine. Took another 5 or 6 beers before we got it started. I honestly don’t know how I lived past the age of 20;)
Like most of us …. We survived in spite of ourselves :D

Pa12

Like most of us …. We survived in spite of ourselves :D
Yep. Man , I got shiver’s looking out at that lake today. And when I did that stunt it was at 3 in the morning. When I think back, and think about how I feel today, I can see why it wasn’t that difficult to talk young guys into heading off on bomber missions.

Pa12

IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_6002.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5999.jpeg
    IMG_5999.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158

ButteMT61

I got a Buzz Rickson MA-1 (Albert Turner) in XXXL. I'll post some pics. Could I buy an Alpha MA-1 for $100? Yeah, I could, but this one is to build a jacket honoring my Pop in the 23rd Bombardment Squadron, stationed in Bicester, England in the mid 50's. So, no cheapo jacket for that mission. It is the first quality non-leather jacket I've bought, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Pics will come soon.
These are the patches. One of them will go on the right chest.

23rd.jpeg

Dumpster D

I'm not sure age is a factor in being reckless...Ever taken a drive on the highway?

I can't tell the difference between a complete idiot and a total psycho anymore...Either way.

Griffon_301

I got a Buzz Rickson MA-1 (Albert Turner) in XXXL. I'll post some pics. Could I buy an Alpha MA-1 for $100? Yeah, I could, but this one is to build a jacket honoring my Pop in the 23rd Bombardment Squadron, stationed in Bicester, England in the mid 50's. So, no cheapo jacket for that mission. It is the first quality non-leather jacket I've bought, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Pics will come soon.
These are the patches. One of them will go on the right chest.

View attachment 141537

which size would that XXXL equate too? meaning what jacket size would you normally wear?
I am somewhere between 44 and 46 for sheepskins and I figured that the MA-1 should be comparable to a B-6 in terms of liner thickness. this would equate to a XXL for a BR MA-1for me then...

ButteMT61

which size would that XXXL equate too? meaning what jacket size would you normally wear?
I am somewhere between 44 and 46 for sheepskins and I figured that the MA-1 should be comparable to a B-6 in terms of liner thickness. this would equate to a XXL for a BR MA-1for me then...
100%. Sorry, I meant to put that in...I remember I wanted a Red BR years ago and didn't pull the trigger due to being unsure on sizing. I'm a 48, and it fits great. XXL should indeed hit the 44-46 spot nicely.
I'm sure Burt can backup my sizing claims as well...
Good luck!!