• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lord Flashheart

Dave Sheeley Switlik M-422 today with MASH M-387G gloves

IMG_2797.jpeg

John Luder

Why every manufacturer, or tailor on every base, didn't add handwarmer pockets to everything is beyond me. I had a leather jerkin, naturally, no pockets. I cut up a grey wool army blanket and put pockets, like Mike's, just down at the hip area. Very practical and nice-and-warm. A Brit re-enactor told me field mods were illegal during the war. I ignored him. I ended up removing the pockets and donating it, and recreations of the battle jackets and berets worn by Trevor Howard and Bernard "M" Lee, to the Third Man Museum in Wien. Anyone been there?

John Luder

Hi Caf,

The company in question is THE FEW MFG.CO.LIMITED, defunct but you can still find some of their repros here and there, mostly in Japan. They were like an offset of Real Mccoy to a certain extent.

The Paul Reed Company is a maker of original B-10, from memory one contract in 44.

Hope this helps.

Dany
Thanks. Sorry about the late reply. It didn't alert in my email.

Griffon_301

ELC B-6 for me today.... aaaaaand I ordered my first Bronson jacket yesterday...
as they had a few of their blue B-15Cs in my size available still, I thought I'd put the hammer down on one...I have wanted a blue Korean War era B-15 for a long time now and as BR has not done one for quite some time, it's the Bronson now... I. looking forward to getting it and will post a few fit pix once it's here...

have to say their customers service seems to be top notch..
one of their staff contacted me and asked me about my build and if I need help with the sizing, as this is my first order with them...
luckily I had checked their sizing against the ELC B-15s I have and ordered according that check...

but the service is great still...

Last edited:

Smithy

Warmed up today, -2 with no wind and light snowfall so for the first time in weeks managed to ditch the parka and had on a B-10 to take the kids to the local mall.

And Phil, looking forward to seeing the Bronson when you get it. I'm sworn off them now after "The B-15C Incident of 2013" but I still have a soft spot for them. Great service from Bronson as well.