• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warm Water Shurnk ?

442RCT

I was reading where guys were "adjusting" the size of their jackets by immersing it in warm/hot water causing them to shrink. Could this e-Bay 'mis- sized' jacket be an example ? I don't know, but the front of the jacket doesn't seem to lie flat, it appears to be kinda puckered. If I hadn't read about the hot water treatment, I might have bid on this jacket because it's actually my size now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-2-Jacket-Eastman- ... 240%3A1318

John Lever

There's a very easy way to tell if a jacket has been shrunk. The zip tape shrinks at a different rate to the surrounding leather causing a corrugation of the tape.
You can also change the colour of wool on a sheepskin jacket by washing at a hot temperature this causes the leather to dyes to bleed into the wool making it less white.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
Could this e-Bay 'mis- sized' jacket be an example ? I don't know, but the front of the jacket doesn't seem to lie flat, it appears to be kinda puckered.

It seems to measure about right for a size 44 Eastman, except for the shoulder measurement of 18.5" ... 20.5" would be more usual.

And the sleeves (24.5") are a little short, but then, I find that with most Eastman leather.