• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ Jacket

Any interest in our group having its own unique jacket design

• Yes

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watchmanjimg

It's definitely an interesting thought. Wasn't there discussion of a VLJ patch awhile back? I don't recall ever hearing of a final decision being reached . . .

Otter

Anything designed by a comity is bound to have 3 arms and cost around $2500 while being constructed from rice paper. :twisted:

Rutger

Aviator's Kit Bag "Vintage Leather Jacket Edition"

Complementing the jacket, practical for sports activities or a day out.

zoomer

It should fill an empty niche...speaking for myself, howbout a prewar-style A-2 that doesn't taper like mad at the waistline and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? :lol:

Atticus

Well...I voted no...but I can't help but chuckle at the parameters that would surround our choice...

I guess it would have to be vintage looking...and made from leather...and a jacket, as opposed to a coat, cape, parka or whatever. After all, this isn't the Brand New Cotton Hoodie forum.

And it would probably need to be cut so as to fit a wide cross section of wearers...many of which being long past their prime of physical fitness...and a few of them still being young and trim. In other words, it would have to conceal my rolls of fat while complimenting Couchy’s career military physique.

And it would have to be made from a hide from the Goathorsesteercapesheep…a very rare and expensive animal.

And it would need an optional faded mouton collar…which could be substituted for the standard leather collar…which would be an upgrade from the economy, A-1 style, knit collar.

And it would have to have a 45 degree slash pocket with scalloped M-422 style flap on its right side…and have a NOS Crown/Conmar/Scovill zippered D-pocket on its left side...and a cigarette pocket on its left arm.

And a two-ply, wool-knit waist band...with a half belt.

And its color would need to be a shade of russet seal...with olive overtones...

AF

Otter

Atticus said:
And it would have to be made from a hide from the Goathorsesteercapesheep…a very rare and expensive animal.

Hold on, I will get my DNA sampler and recombinant splicer fired up. Should only take a year or so and we will have our..................beast? :lol:

A

Anonymous

How about a BK blue badalassi A-1 for VLJ jacket?
VLJ is blue also.

20130523_496002.jpg

I think it rocks.

Dr H

bleurgh...

No Ta...

See my earlier comments regarding mutton dressed as lamb in the hat boutique...

Great if you're a 20-something rake-like model...