• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vera Voulik Leather Artworks

VeraVoulik

Finished work on an A2. Back to 100th BG.
The original jacket belonged to S/Sgt loyal E. Sloan, ball turret gunner on lt. Miller's crew, 418th BS, 100th BG. Original jacket was decorated with 2 swastikas for 2 confirmed planes shot down. On my replica, these swastika were changed into "black crosses".

missc1.JPG
missc2.JPG
200719220254000000fbd2f8e9-95d6-4d81-860b-2ab9cf5bc506.jpeg

Enigma1938

Finished work on an A2. Back to 100th BG.
The original jacket belonged to S/Sgt loyal E. Sloan, ball turret gunner on lt. Miller's crew, 418th BS, 100th BG. Original jacket was decorated with 2 swastikas for 2 confirmed planes shot down. On my replica, these swastika were changed into "black crosses".

View attachment 135095View attachment 135097View attachment 135099
I dunno why, but the swastikas on the original jacket are painted on mirrored, not like nazi Germany usually sported them

MauldinFan

Original jacket was decorated with 2 swastikas for 2 confirmed planes shot down. On my replica, these swastika were changed into "black crosses".
Smart move. A friend of mine was wearing an A2 made up with swastika kill markings in public and a more than one person lost their mind, and someone called a cop for a "hate crime".
Thankfully the officer understood what it was.