• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

usmc / usaaf stamp at flying helmet

a2jacketpatches

Unmarked is one thing, and that could possibly be Army as well like with the camouflaged M43 back packs that ended up in Boy Scout hands for the most part. The BSA usually cut straps off and you'll see a lot of them with straps cut off and a new EG&A's. And no doubt USMC being issued stuff marked U.S. that's a fact. But over stamping an AAF emblem and leaving ARMY AIR FORCE is another story. Believe me, I never say never because I've seen a lot myself and to this day still coming home with a pile every Saturday and Sunday. There is a very remote possibility that this is legit, but MORE than likely bogus, not really being black and white considering. But again, I will agree that there is a very remote possibility.

unclegrumpy

Yeah, I was in the Boy Scouts, and we pretty much only used BSA regulation gear and Army surplus....the preference was always with the Army stuff....and yes, we all put our names on everything!

The WW II Army camo cover is different than the Marine one....not the camo pattern, but the design. They are super rare too....I have only seen a couple in collections, and stupidly passed on one of them when I did not realize how scarce they were.

a2jacketpatches

The WW II Army camo cover is different than the Marine one....not the camo pattern, but the design. They are super rare too....I have only seen a couple in collections, and stupidly passed on one of them when I did not realize how scarce they were.[/quote]

I'll think of something like that from time to time and it still gets me, even a bad dream now and the about something I missed or a mistake I made. Found 5 Japanese boxed medals once and let them go for a hundred bucks each, just a rookie back then and didn't know any better. Found one on Ebay a week later at 800- That still wakes me from a dead sleep. Call me a nut.