• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Updated USAF A-2 flight jacket? Pleather?

usafwso

Was out and about just a few minutes ago and ran across some Major in his A-2 and it looked different from the pre 2005 models that I have. Several odd seams on the sleeves and a grain and finish of leather that looked like pleather.

It looks like one of those cheap pilot jackets that Delta gives to their pilots.

I'd like to hear what others might know about this. :roll:

Weasel_Loader

I have to look at the "new" A-2s every week in mission planing meetings and I think it's because I'm spoiled now with good repros, I just hate to look at their "new" A-2s. On the other hand, my A-2s get some funny looks. :roll:

usafwso

What struck me from my original 1988 USAF A-2 and the later one, those are pretty good- BUT, the odd seams going in the wrong direction struck me as odd and of course, did not want to stare at this guy. Being "Blues Monday" this Ltc looked more like a desk flyer these days.

Just goes to show how out of touch I am with the Air Force these days. ;)

FlyingToastman

usafwso said:
Was out and about just a few minutes ago and ran across some Major in his A-2 and it looked different from the pre 2005 models that I have. Several odd seams on the sleeves and a grain and finish of leather that looked like pleather.

It looks like one of those cheap pilot jackets that Delta gives to their pilots.

I'd like to hear what others might know about this. :roll:

I own one of those jackets and I wear it frequently...its a nice jacket. my goat has a nice hide and actually comfortable and well made. it still looks new after having it and wearing the hell out of it for the last four years. I never took the velcro off.

Christos