• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two mispresented A2s

havocpaul

I think it's sad that this seller has allegedly seemed to have gone down this path over recent years, reputations are easily ruined and for what real gain...greed? :(

TankBuster

havocpaul said:
I think it's sad that this seller has allegedly seemed to have gone down this path over recent years, reputations are easily ruined and for what real gain...greed? :(

Well said.

dmar836

Yeah, has he cut all ties with the collector community in order to pursue this? He is now one of the more controversial sellers. I'm surprised a) that his rep doesn't spread faster, and b) that he has kept that name so long.
To guys like me, they look legit. Though some of the phrases like "from wear" and "appears to be aircraft engine oil", etc. are trying a bit hard.
JMO,
Dave

Roughwear

Ebay for sure. Perhaps he has drivers in the USA attending motel estate sales! ;)

He now knows the "Cable" A2 is actually a Bronco but will not change the description in case it causes confusion and reduces the final price. :eek:

Dr H

havocpaul said:

Yes. A Jedi strength flows from the Force, but beware of the Dark Side... :cool:

dmar836

So glad their are members who collect images. This will undoubtedly help us in the future.
I am hesitant to bark too loudly at this outrage lest J.C. change his name on Ebay. The "pulled paint" is easy enough to spot but some of his other offerings look quite good.
At least now we, in this community, know him by his name on the Bay.
He appears to be living by his motto, "Live as if you were to die tomorrow."

JMO,
Dave

dmar836

The greed goes all the way up. As long as Ebay can make big profits on fake items by turning their heads or pretending to be uninformed then they will let it pass. There is an incentive to "passively" allow it.

JMO,
Dave

Roughwear

It is almost impossible to report a misrepresented item now on Ebay and no opportunity to submit a written comment. This means that deception will continue and perhaps increase. :roll:

269sqnhudson

Roughwear said:
It is almost impossible to report a misrepresented item now on Ebay and no opportunity to submit a written comment. This means that deception will continue and perhaps increase. :roll:

I left a rare bad feedback about an item being fake recently and the feedback was deleted by Ebay AND I was cautioned for breaking the rules which I guess answers my own question really. :roll:

TankBuster

269sqnhudson said:
Roughwear said:

I left a rare bad feedback about an item being fake recently and the feedback was deleted by Ebay AND I was cautioned for breaking the rules which I guess answers my own question really. :roll:

That's pretty sad and why people can continue to be burned by the same fraudulent sellers!!..........eBay is basically saying, lets just keep this money train rolling! :roll:

I've never had anything but experience with his jackets, but the mislabeled Bronco is pretty egregious. Just got a G&F M422a from him in pristine condition, but it was the real deal. Also got a fantastic 18091 a few years back. No problem with that one either. When did this questionable practice go into effect?

Stony

On the CBI jacket it's more than obvious that the two patches were added much later as their leather backing doesn't even come close to the jacket leather patina. It they were original, you wouldn't be able to see hardly any transition between the leathers.

The winning bidder must not have much savy. Should anyone tell them what they really have?

Sad indeed. :(