• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two M422a jackets from EBay

Erwin

The first one can be a good for a reconstruction project, the hide looks healthy not bad at all fir someone who know how to work on it.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The 2nd one is more interesting in my opinion,
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Really nice one made by obvious manufacturer, looks like also with far enough price tag.

B-Man2

They look like they have potential as restoration projects … but photos never tell the whole story . Unless you have them in hand and can look at them close up, there can always be some unseen issues that can be very costly to restore, unless of course you have those type of skills to do the job and don’t have to pay to have them done.

bseal

I snagged the second one - really a phenomenal jacket at an unbeatable price. The collar could stand to be replaced, but it's honestly not in too bad of a condition. The only thing it really needs is some replacement buttons for the pockets.
View attachment 149733
View attachment 149735
View attachment 149737
View attachment 149739
View attachment 149741

Nice! A even better price over here cause this one’s got dem buttons.

bseal

Nice! A even better price over here cause this one’s got dem buttons.

"The collar could stand to be replaced.."

I've had the mouton replaced on my original Church and it came out great.

As you can see, the seller whom I believe you bought your 55J14 from, also did some extensive repair and replacements resulting in a relatively nice outcome.

Last edited:

Dumpster D

I'm a big fan of that type of liner material as well, over the later period more synthetic material.

What type of material is that? It's like an earlier synthetic? Rayon or something?

Reminds me of vintage suits and ties.