• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This guy Wont Quit

RayR

Here's the eBay reply...

"Thanks for letting us know about this member healingsticker. We take reports of members who break our rules very seriously.

We'll review your report and take appropriate action. However, to protect the privacy of our members, we won't be able to share the details of the actions we take. You may not immediately notice or be able to see these actions, but they can include removing a listing, sending the member a warning, limiting buying and selling privileges, or even suspending the account.

In future, to help us investigate more quickly, you can use the "Report a Member" link on the right side of the listing page.

Thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention and helping us keep eBay a safe place to buy and sel
l".

The only problem with this is that there was no category on their Report A Member page to report copyright infringement. That's why I called them.

ausreenactor

I would not think eBay will lift a finger. If he promotes his items and they sell they get their cut. I reported the guy from Japan listing other people's items from Yahoo Japan while he does not possess them. They haven't done anything. At least you tried...

a2jacketpatches

Using JC's catalog page is infringement, there is a policy violation there if not a couple.

Listing Practices - Other Listing Practices - Third Party Credits / Endorsements
( I think, any lawyers here? )

Copyright and Trademark - Images or text copied from your listing - Copied Pictures or Text
( But I think JC may have to initiate this one )

Copyright and Trademark - Ebay item infringes on intellectual property rights - Contact the Ebay VeRO Program
( another one JC, Lost Worlds, and anyone else being infringed upon would have to initiate )

About a year ago I got the axe for listing a used Snap-on tool I purchased at a yard sale. They are part of the VeRO Program and their name simply cannot be used. I've seen it used plenty of times but for some reason they were able to single me out. Probably a local tool seller or someone at the company doing random searches.

a2jacketpatches

And COUCHY, The violation with the Japanese Yahoo guy may be -

Listing Practices - Other Listing Practices - Item Location Misrepresentation

I'm sure you're familiar with UGG australian boots, About 6 years ago they were all that and a bag of chips here in the U.S. My daughter wanted them so bad I jumped through hoops trying to buy them on Ebay in time for Christmas. A woman was selling them using UGG pics and claiming them to be actual UGGS for an expensive but reasonable price. Once paid for, the shipping and tracking seemed odd or something ( I can't really remember why exactly ) But I started questioning and she said they were being "Drop Shipped" but wouldn't say from where. This was not in the description so I was able to get immediate results after filing a dispute. They froze my money in her account while the process proceeded. If she had mentioned the items would be "Drop Shipped" the practice of selling what you don't physically have is OK in Ebay, or at least it was back then. In the end, I won and was refunded in full. The UGGS ( Or I named them CHUGGS ) because they were actually knock offs made and shipped from China showed up mid January some time. Another violation and perfectly legitimate reason for a dispute but I've already got my money and the Chuggs. At that point she was not a registered user anymore and my younger daughter wore the CHUGGS till they fell apart about two weeks later. I was able to get real UGGS delivered by Christmas Eve but I think they were 3 times the retail price.

Roughwear

My experience of reporting these type of infringements to Ebay is not good. They rarely pull an auction for obvious reasons. In the UK the categories to report an item are very restricted and rarely allow these days for a comment.

a2jacketpatches

If part of the VeRO program, you'd get prompt action. But like I said, it would have to bug JC enough for him to join the program or at least file a dispute of his web page being used. But just members policing Ebay would probably require a huge work force just to sort out the legitimate issues. Going through that right now with the AVIREX guy. I can't even find a way to send a report of him using profanity never mind the misrepresentation. He Ebay messaged me "FUC U" This is a policy violation and there's links to follow, the links basically run you in a circle and you end up back at the first link. On the other hand, he has reported me as harassing him and nothing has happened either. But I guarantee if someone were to using my photos to sell similar patches, a phone call directly to Ebay would be all it would take. The listing would be ended and the violator would be reprimanded within the hour.

Monsoon

pawine said:
He references Lost Worlds, Real McCoys and Goodwear all in one ad for one jacket... amazing.

You see that a lot on Ebay. A guy will list an A-2, and reference damn near every repro maker on the planet and when you read the description, you see it's something from Cockpit or whatnot.

That way, guys looking for just Aero will be drawn to his auction and might bite.