• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Real McCoy’s Whistle.

Stravaiger

Ok so I got a message saying their whistles were back in stock , figured one for my A2 and one for my sheep jacket. £165 for…….pass the smelling salts…...no there is a CHEAPER one for £145. Ok I have Scots blood coursing about and was a bit shocked at the price , like no way am a dropping over three hundred on two whistles…so I have a swatch on the web and strike whistle gold….in brass like, a form o fools gold,innit?My favourite weapon gives scale,aye?
IMG_0619.jpeg

Stravaiger

I forgot to say , the pair inc p a p for around forty ponds sterling, more like it and these beauties sound fantastic and are the REAL McCOYS so to speak!

MauldinFan

You can buy originals for less.
Absolutely. I have several of them from when I was painting A2s for people in the 90s, was buying them new in the box for about 10 bucks each.
I've seen even the RAF-marked ones for sale at shows in the last few years for between 30 and 40 dollars.

Otter

The Acme I have is post war, broad arrow marked came sealed in its bag with the NATO stock number and the nice leather from to attach it over a button.

Otter

I think there is one in the thread John started a week or so back. Will pop a photo on here later tonight.

Otter

I guess not many of the leather fobs made it through, but it is a genuine issue item, albeit later