• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Holy Grail of Blue Parkas

Weasel_Loader

This is the first N-3A example I've found in the 6 or 7 years I've been searching. I did find a rough N-2A example about three years ago.

The N-2A and N-3A Aviators Clothing had made a run of these utilizing mouton from N-2s and N-3s. Super, super rare find these days. Even this rough example should be worth more than most might think. Only the shell is rough shape. Crown zippers, zipper pulls, mouton, fur, and knits seem to be in decent shape. $200-$300 wouldn't be far off the deal price in my opinion. Then again, nylon prices seem to be all over the place these days and of course the market for these is extremely small! :roll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26095071297...:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_32559wt_1149

Tim P

I feel your pain Peter.
That is a nice jacket because of the details that set it slightly apart. Married up with classic detail such as the zips. mediums come up all the time though.
I am still reeling from my recent XL find. (with faded cuffs.......) and I hope that when it comes there will be decal evidence and other desirables.

Peter Graham

Tim P said:
I feel your pain Peter.
mediums come up all the time though.
Unlike N-2B's these fit larger than sized. A medium would drown me. Small N-3A's and B's are really hard to come by, at least the early ones that I'm after are.

Atticus

I checked on this the other day when I got my Reed N-3A. At current exchange rates, MASH wants $105.00 USD (and shipping) for an NOS blue-tape Crown zipper like the main zipper on this jacket. I understand that the MASH zip would be unused, so its a bit like comparing apples to oranges. But, still, it sorta sets a benchmark price for early N-jackets like this one (with functioning Crowns).

AF