• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Flight Jacket Gallery - a new resource

mulceber

BTW, if anyone's looking for a short-list of cool stuff to check out, here are a couple highlights:
  • US(A)AF Jackets > B-1 - left my jaw hanging open when JC put it up for sale a year or so ago.
  • USN Jackets > M-422A > Monarch 85958 - A complete unicorn of a jacket, mentioned in Full Gear, but neither I nor anyone I know had seen one until @Erwin sent me photos last week. The pictures aren't great, but then, neither are any of the photos of Sasquatch. :p
  • US(A)AF Jackets > B-3 > Rough Wear 17756 - Jorge does it again...
  • USN Jackets > M-422A > Gordon & Ferguson NXS 416 - all I can conclude is that JC has borrowed Jorge's time machine from time to time.
  • USN Jackets > M-422 > Willis & Geiger N156s-16957 - really the first modern Navy flight jacket, and in wearable condition, courtesy of both @Maverickson and @Wz1999

Last edited:

mulceber

Jan, if we want to submit photos to you, what size and format works best for you. Thanks, Steve
The bigger the better. And most formats seem to work - jpg, jpeg, png, probably a bunch of other ones I'm forgetting.

Also, question for all of you. Lorenzo has helpfully pointed out that while the organization of jacket types and contracts is great, all of the photos of a given contract are just kinda jumbled up in one folder, whether it's 10 photos of 1 jacket or 80 photos of 6 different jackets. I agree it would be better if it were clear which photos were of which jackets. So I've made a demo for two different ways of doing this:
  • US(A)AF Jackets > A-2 > Cable 27753 - different folders for each example of a given contract
  • US(A)AF Jackets > A-2 > Cooper 23381 - one folder for each contract, but the photos of each jacket are grouped together and there's a divider, filled out with information about the jacket, before each jacket.
Have a look and say which one you think is better. :) Also, if anyone would like to help implement whichever solution we decide on, I'm now taking volunteers. ;)

Last edited:

mulceber

Update: I've reorganized the Navy jacket section. It should be clearer which jacket is which now. And there's now some details about the actual jackets. If any of you see one that you recognize or that you have thoughts about, get in touch. It'd be great to have more details about these jackets.:cool:

Next up, the AAF jackets - many thanks to @Lorenzo_l, who kindly volunteered to help.

Last edited: