• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Flight Jacket Gallery - a new resource

mulceber

@Lorenzo_l and I have been plugging away at it, and the A-2 section is now neatly organized with a google doc (complete with whatever information I have on the jacket) separating the photos of each jacket. Now on to the rest of the Air Force jackets...
Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 10.31.07 AM.png

Last edited:

mulceber

OK, I've finished organizing the Air Force photos. Every jacket in the gallery now has a google doc right before it with whatever information is known about it.

Next step: John Chapman sent me a thumb drive with 28 gigabytes of photos from his collection. Now they all need to be sorted into the relevant folders in the gallery. That should take a while....o_O

Last edited:

Chandler

Next step: John Chapman sent me a thumb drive with 28 gigabytes of photos from his collection. Now they all need to be sorted into the relevant folders in the gallery. That should take a while....o_O
If they're from his CD, there could be duplicates. I know of at least one G-1. ;)

mulceber

Ok, John Chapman's trove of vintage jacket photos has now been merged into the gallery, so they should all be available now. :)

So, with John Lever's agreement, I'm stickying this thread so the gallery should be readily available to anyone who's interested.

One future direction for it to take would be to add a section for Irvins and RAF jackets generally. I'd be happy to have such a section, I just don't know much about Irvins and never collected photos of them. If anyone has a whole bunch of Irvin (or other RAF jacket) photos they'd like to contribute, I'd be happy to add them to the gallery.:)