• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talon Zipper Guide..

ausreenactor

Gents..

Found this on one of the Facebook jacket pages... (Wealth of information there for all you Dinosaurs)...

Feel free to critique for a 100% accurate ready reckoner.

Couchy

Dr H

ausreenactor said:
Gents..

Found this on one of the Facebook jacket pages... (Wealth of information there for all you Dinosaurs)...

Couchy

With apologies to the BBC...

robrinay

ausreenactor said:
Mate....

I have no idea as to the original source. It posted on the 'vintage leather jackets' page on Facebook...

963 members!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintage ... s/?fref=ts

Get on it!!

I believe it's research compiled by Dinerman a Fedora Lounge Bartender. (Also his copyright - C Spencer Stewart). I also believe he'll be justifiably annoyed with the facebook 'poster' for not giving him credit for the research.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthre ... nd-revised)

ausreenactor

Credit where credits due. Thanks go to Mr. Spencer Stewart aka Dinerman then!!

Spencer Stewart posted it to the page, so I assume he is okay with it being on Facebook... I can delete the pic, but then the Dinosaurs miss out. Get onto the VLJ on Facebook!!

robrinay

It's good style and good manners to acknowledge and thank the source of such excellent information and in our increasingly 'litigious' society - good sense - the clue is in the C meaning copyright - if he's bothered to type that he probably appreciates being mentioned as the source and you have, so I don't think you need remove the pic. But as I often say 'my advice - take it or leave it' - no worries.
;)

robrinay

I hope that last post doesn't come across as too pompous it's not meant to be - I just wanted to stop any trouble brewing.
Ps I'm in the Facebook VLJ too
Rob

bazelot

Nice to visualize all of them in one picture but It looks like the dates are off. The brass one that says 50s for example is not 50s, they started making them in '44-'45. I know because I have N-1 jackets with WWII contracts that have that very same zipper. Same thing with the puller with no Talon written on it, this is not a late 40s one, it is a 1942-1944 puller.