T-SHIRT TO WEAR UNDER AN M-422A or A-2

Discussion in 'Related Gear' started by Grant, May 15, 2018.

1. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Anyone else wear the Eastman t-shirts? They have that 40's t-shirt cut with tube construction, shorter sleeves and a trimmer fit than baggy modern tees. They're not cheap but wear really well and hold up after multiple washings. Here's my two year old USMC tee after multiple washings. Looks great under an M-422a or 55714.

T1.jpeg T2.jpeg T3.jpeg

jack31916, falcon_ib, stanier and 2 others like this.
  2. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

I used to have one of the Goodwear t-shirts Aero sell (nothing to do with John Chapman-in fact when John was starting his company I recall bringing his attention to the t-shirt company. He wasn’t aware of them, and I guess it wasn’t an issue!) Always meant to pick up a couple more, they too are great t-shirts. I forget what fate befell mine, it was a long time ago now. Mmmm, you’ve given me an idea now, Grant!

3. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

My hats off to you guys! I can’t EVER see myself spending $94.00 for a repro period T/Shirt. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t spend that much for a mint unworn original. But hey...... that’s why Howard Johnson’s used to sell 27 different flavors of ice cream. Everyones’ tastes are different. I applaud you both.

4. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Looks great Grant!!

5. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Well said B-2Man,
    You're absolutely right, no sane person should.
    Same goes for dropping the cheddar we do on seventy year old leather jackets, let alone repros.

BTW, I've seen original WWII tees go for $300 - $700.

jack31916 likes this.
  6. EmergencyIan

EmergencyIan Active Member

Very nice, Grant!

I have a couple of U.S. WWII issues thermal undershirts, that I wash and wear on a regular basis, during winter months. They're 50/50 wool and cotton, over 70 years old, but they soldier on, wear after wear and wash after wash. Not a hole or fraying to be found.

- Ian

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

surf t. mixed metaphors of a kind.