• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sizing for L-2A Bronson

rob20uk

Hey All,

Just a quick question on the Bronson L-2A and sizing.

I am a 44 in A2 fro Eastman and a 42 in Aero Highwayman. I also have a B-10 from Bronson that’s a 44.

Just wondering if any of you have any idea what size I should go for to get a decent fit that is not overly baggy.

Thanks in advance for any help

IMG_7304.jpeg

dinomartino1

I'm a size 38 jacket and I bought a 38, fits perfect, not too tight or too baggy/loose if you are just wearing a shirt.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 7.41.41 pm.png

Greg Gale

Size down! I have a 40 chest, wear 40L or 42L A-2s. I had a Large(40) L-2 from Bronson, it was too big. Then I got. A medium (38) L-2A and it fits like it should.

For reference their 40 B-10 is slightly snug on me, the 42 is slightly large.

Enigma1938

Size down! I have a 40 chest, wear 40L or 42L A-2s. I had a Large(40) L-2 from Bronson, it was too big. Then I got. A medium (38) L-2A and it fits like it should.

For reference their 40 B-10 is slightly snug on me, the 42 is slightly large.

I second that, same experience. Nothing looks more bad than a too baggy nylon flight jacket

Griffon_301

same with BR L-2s...
my leather jackets are usually of the 44 or 46 variety but the nylon L-2s are 42s and they fit.
I would not wear more than a thin sweater underneath at the max as these are no cold weather jackets ...

my Bronson B-15C is a size 44 for comparison and fits nicely as well, so for nylon jackets I would go a size down as advised already, even more so if the jackets have no lining...

rob20uk

For the record the Bronson L-2A has the following measurements.

Size 42:

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam = 52cm,

Armpit to armpit = 6lcm,

Sleeve length (shoulder seam to cuff) = 63cm

Back centre length (excluding the collar) = 67cm.

dr.raul

I have a MA-1 size M (38) and it's a bit tight when closed and a tad short in sleeves, I am 1.78 and 70kg chest 96, so a L (40) would have been better). It seems that the L-2A has about the same measurements so I feel that a 38 would be small too, even though the MA-1 filling is surely thicker, the sleeves would still be a little short as it's just 1/2" longer (1cm) than the MA-1. Any advice?

Greg Gale

I have a MA-1 size M (38) and it's a bit tight when closed and a tad short in sleeves, I am 1.78 and 70kg chest 96, so a L (40) would have been better). It seems that the L-2A has about the same measurements so I feel that a 38 would be small too, even though the MA-1 filling is surely thicker, the sleeves would still be a little short as it's just 1/2" longer (1cm) than the MA-1. Any advice?

The MA-1 has much thicker lining than the L-2A. I'm 184 cm tall, 74 kg, 100 cm chest and the 40 (L) L-2A was too large, the M fits perfectly.

dr.raul

Thank you, but aren't the sleeves short in M? My MA-1 is sleeves a little bit (1-2cm) short for a perfect arm fit

Greg Gale

Thank you, but aren't the sleeves short in M? My MA-1 is sleeves a little bit (1-2cm) short for a perfect arm fit
No, they're not. And yes the MA-1s sleeves are a bit short. But I don't see how the 2 are related. These are 2 different jackets.