• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing Eastman Some Love

Obscurator

I was a bit harsh on ELC too, but that was mostly about a few historically inaccurate statements they made (in all conscience). But your message resonates with me because I feel a bit the same as you, that I've been a bit unfair. ELC made me dream for years, and I still have a special affection for this brand.
I wouldn't want them to stray into purely luxury-oriented products in the future. But as I've said before, I don't think they're there yet.

And above all, high-quality customer service REALLY deserves to be highlighted.

Obscurator

Thirded(?) on customer service. When I bought from them some years ago and prices were lower, I was still parting with a fair sum of money, to a company I knew of, and which had been recommended.

I had some questions, got some prompt answers and help, paid the money and got what I wanted shortly after.

For me, that's the two way traffic I want and expect in any transaction ; online, in a shop or at the local boot sale.

B-Man2

Ok …so this isn’t a criticism of ELC nor is it an affirmation of ZuZu’s dislike of their jackets.
Nor am I trying to steal this thread, but let me say this….. As long as I’ve been around this forum it has been first and foremost an “opinion forum “, where people can look at jackets and state their opinions as to what they like or dislike about a jacket. Opinions are the basic “life blood “ of this forum. Because someone like ZuZu continuously states his opinion about ELC should not be a reason to get upset at his opinion. If you don’t like it then move past it . He shouldn’t have to feel like he may incur a tongue lashing for expressing his opinions . So don’t kill the messenger …..as that’s my opinion .

Last edited:

ZuZu

Ok …so this isn’t a criticism of ELC nor is it an affirmation of ZuZu’s dislike of their jackets.
Nor am I trying to steal this thread, but let me say this….. As long as I’ve been around this forum it has been first and foremost an “opinion forum “, where people can look at jackets and state their opinions as to what they like or dislike about a jacket. Opinions are the basic “life blood “ of this forum. Because someone like ZuZu continuously states his opinion about ELC should not be a reason to get upset at his opinion. If you don’t like it then move past it . He shouldn’t have to feel like he may incur a tongue lashing for expressing his opinions . So don’t kill the messenger as that’s my opinion .
Appreciated very much BUT I think in this case I was wrong to beat that dead horse!

Stravaiger

Ok , so I am considering a new cap…..an Eastman cap , in Mitchell Camo , as currently on their site as USMC reproduction.Have any of you regulars at Eastman any experience of this cap. It is around the eighty quid mark and therefore it would be cool to hear anything of one outside their web page.

Lord Flashheart

There's an additional point for me with ELC's products.

On top of the fast delivery time of your jacket in comparison with others you can also have a high degree of confidence that you will get what you expect when you order. Their website provides a good depiction of their products and I have found that what you see is what you get. And what you get will almost certainly be a very reasonable reproduction and a perfectly wearable garment right out of the box.

That consistency of customer experience shouldn't be overlooked.

Stravaiger

Cutting them a lot of love…..
IMG_0582.jpeg