• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selvedge Jeans How Many Pairs do you own ?

mulceber

• 2 Bronson (only one of which I ever actually wore. I'll probably sell one or both of them - I lost weight over the pandemic and they're now decidedly too big. Pretty good as an introductory pair though.)
  • 1 Brave Star Cone Mills - starting to show some good fades. I wear it about once a week.
  • 1 Gustin Cone Mills - nicely broken in, but a bit light for this weather.
  • 1 Sugar Cane 1947 - love 'em. I wear them at least 3 times a week.
Contemplating a pair of Iron Heart 1955s, when they come back in stock. @bfd70, how do you like the Iron Hearts you bought?

ButteMT61

6 pairs of Gustin
2 pairs of BraveStar
and two pairs that I can't remember the name of :)
BraveStar are great. My fave daily's are now 1.3 years old and 21.5oz. I'll see if I can motivate myself to take some pics of some of the best ones with good fades...

B-Man2

6 pairs of Gustin
2 pairs of BraveStar
and two pairs that I can't remember the name of :)
BraveStar are great. My fave daily's are now 1.3 years old and 21.5oz. I'll see if I can motivate myself to take some pics of some of the best ones with good fades...
Butte
I picked up a pair of those Brave Star 21.5 Oz Sumos . Holy shit , I fell asleep one afternoon standing up in them . They are like wearing an 1800s canvas sail for the first year, until you break them in ….but damn … they are bulletproof :)

ButteMT61

Butte
I picked up a pair of those Brave Star 21.5 Oz Sumos . Holy shit , I fell asleep one afternoon standing up in them . They are like wearing an 1800s canvas sail for the first year, until you break them in ….but damn … they are bulletproof :)
Yes, at first, a challenge! But not as bad as the Gustin "Beasts" that were 26oz!!! Love these BraveStars...and they make them nice and long.

B-Man2

Yes, at first, a challenge! But not as bad as the Gustin "Beasts" that were 26oz!!! Love these BraveStars...and they make them nice and long.
Honestly
The biggest challenge was buttoning them up for the first 3 months I owned them . Could not find a way to get the buttons through the wholes to button them up ………and then once buttoned …. Couldn’t get the damned buttons back through the wholes to get them un buttoned …. Catostrophic when you’re over 70 and you’ve got an enlarged prostate that gives you about 30 seconds notice from the time you first need to piss……. until the time you actually piss your pants !!!:oops:

Dany McDonald

B-man that comment is just insanely funny and in context! What a way to explain why some denim are really, really too stiff!

D

bfd70

• 2 Bronson (only one of which I ever actually wore. I'll probably sell one or both of them - I lost weight over the pandemic and they're now decidedly too big. Pretty good as an introductory pair though.)
  • 1 Brave Star Cone Mills - starting to show some good fades. I wear it about once a week.
  • 1 Gustin Cone Mills - nicely broken in, but a bit light for this weather.
  • 1 Sugar Cane 1947 - love 'em. I wear them at least 3 times a week.
Contemplating a pair of Iron Heart 1955s, when they come back in stock. @bfd70, how do you like the Iron Hearts you bought?
I love IH denim but only fit in the 634 direct from IH or 633 from selfedge which is the 634 with taper.

ES335

I dived in last Spring. One pair Tellason 16.5oz., six pairs Brave Star from 17-21.5oz with a pair of their 22oz Sumo's incoming next month. IMO, the BSs are of slightly better quality and material, while far less costly. Oh, and a BS Badlands (basically a Levi's Type 2 but with a pleated, bar-tacked back panel) jacket.

Last edited:

OperationCoffee

3 pairs of RRL's and a pair of Naked and Famous on the way. Have yet to buy any, but I like the idea of "stretch selvedge" , it seems like it would reduce the worries about shrinking. Have several pairs of Levi's premium stretch denim (leather patched, etc.) that were made for the european market ( so the vendor told me and I could find out nothing otherwise) and get a lot of wear out of them. The factory fades are spot on. %1 Elastane makes a huge difference in comfort.

Cocker

Added to the list a couple months ago, SJC Big B Battle Jeans. Absolutely perfect if it wasn't for the sub-par quality of the plastic buttons. Once replaced, this has been my favourite jeans since. High waisted, wide legs, brace buttons, just perfect!

stanier

Lee Archives 1948, Lee Archives 1950's, Warehouse 25th Anniversary 1950, Warehouse 25th Anniversary 1946, SC 1947's, LVC 1944's, LVC Japan Type II 1953 Jacket, LVC 1947's nearly disintegrated...

Oh, and Mrs S. has two pairs of LVC 701, one pair broken in and one raw