• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

flyincowboy

Avro lancaster above England

avro lancaster.jpg

Last edited:

Lorenzo_l

Avro lancaster above Canada

View attachment 144107
Wasn't that picture taken when the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster visited the UK during August and September 2014 and flew together with the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Lancaster? I am not aware of the latter Lanc ever visiting Canada.
Anyway, a gorgeous picture and a unique opportunity to see two Lancasters in flight.

Last edited:

flyincowboy

Wasn't that picture taken when the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster visited the UK during August and September 2014 and flew together with the RAF's Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Lancaster? I am not aware of the latter Lanc ever visiting Canada.
Anyway, a gorgeous picture and a unique opportunity to see to Lancasters in flight

i really dont know if the picture was on that moment ! but you are right nice picture of lancaster flying together.

Pa12

Wasn't that picture taken when the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster visited the UK during August and September 2014 and flew together with the RAF's Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Lancaster? I am not aware of the latter Lanc ever visiting Canada.
Anyway, a gorgeous picture and a unique opportunity to see to Lancasters in flight.
It must be in the uk. Don’t remember the uk one ever coming over here. But looking at the landscape, it could easily pass for this area.

Pa12

I remember when that aircraft was on a pedestal at goderich airport. Maritime air command. Early 70’s

flyincowboy

One thing about the LANCASTER Years ago i was lucky to see one in flight right over my home Me my brother and my wife were fixing a TV antenna... on the roof Suddendly we heard a big roaring noise we immediately turned heads searching what the hell is this f***ing noise? The big blacked wings bomber just arrived straitght to our direction and we just got the time to shake a hand toward the plane which passed over our heads in a big rumbling noise! The pilot answered my salute wawing the wings ! My brother told me she's not going to bomb us! the war is over... Always remember this warbird with a feeling to be so small against this beautifull bird ...And always got the regret of a lack of taking a photo of her just above my home. it was the begining of the cellular phone and at this time you couldnot use your mobile phone to get a picture. what a NICE SOUVENIR.

Last edited:

Pa12

One thing about the LANCASTER Years ago i was lucky to see one in flight right over my home Me my brother and my wife were fixing a TV antenna... on the roof Suddendly we heard a big roaring noise we immediately turned heads searching what the hell is this f***ing noise? The bing blacked wings bomber just arrived straitght to our direction and we just got the time to shake a hand toward the plane which passed over our heads in a big rumbling noise! The pilot answered my salute wawing the wings ! My brother told me she's not going to bomb us! the war is over... Always remember this warbird with a feeling to be so small against this beautifull bird ...And always got the regret of a lack of taking a photo of her just above my home. it was the begining of the cellular phone and at this time you couldnot use your mobile phone to get a picture. what a NICE SOUVENIR.
Was that the uk one?

Pa12

The one here in Canada used to fly over quite frequently. Not much anymore as the air show circuit has really declined. We take the Land Rover to the big British classic car show in Oakville every September. One year the lanc did a low fly over. Quite a sight (and sound)