• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photo request: Aero (or ACME or ARCO, etc.) contract with russet leather, red rust knits, and olive drab thread

Abyss

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time finding photos of Aero (or ACME or ARCO, etc.) repros (or originals) with russet leather, red rust knits, and olive drab thread. I'm thinking about the specs for a repro jacket and I'd like to see how this combo looks. Does anyone have any photos they'd like to share?

I appreciate any assistance!

Skyhawk

We are making some at Headwind Mfg Co. It will be about 3 to 4 weeks. One of my original Aero's has russet hide and we replicated it.

B-Man2

Here ya go originals and repros russet and seal
IMG_3098.jpeg
IMG_1173.png
IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_8391.png
IMG_2444.jpeg
IMG_2447.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9997.jpeg
    IMG_9997.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6634.jpeg
    IMG_6634.jpeg
    959.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Abyss

Thanks for all the amazing photos, B-man2! Very helpful! For whatever reason, I was only able to find photos of the russet leather, red knits, and brown thread combination. I'm getting the sense that the whether the thread is brown or olive drab, it doesn't seem to be very noticeable until you get fairly close the jacket.

Also, Skyhawk, thanks for the heads up on the jackets.

Thomas Koehle

Incredible jackets - @B-Man2 - do you still have space to life or do you own an extra storage-facility?

Whatever question about genuine "vintage" jackets and you provide photos ...

Still impressed about yer knowledge and your collection (pain in the neck you life "down south" where it is mostly too warm for jackets ...) - yeah i'm a bit jealous and honestly a bit gleeful here ... :)