• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice original art work on this A-2

shedonwanna

Once again, sad to see a family member not interested in the significance of the jacket and the veteran expressly stated the importance and wanted it to remain in the family. I lost my dad in October and the few things he left me will always be cherished. Dad had a B-10 that I recall him wearing for many years after the war until there was no mouton, holes in the elbow and little else left. Still wish I had some of what was left. On another note, if I painted a pinup on the back of my jacket and used my wife's name I would be a one armed artist for the remainder of my years!

Andrew

Can you believe it? With a letter like that too. Maybe there's a sad story behind parting with this extremely personal item.

TankBuster

It's really too bad, but being a jacket collector, I would think that. I try not to pass judgement.

I'm wondering what happened to the M on the back? It looks like someone was trying to deliberately remove it.

Stony

That is sad that the grandson sold something so personal from his grandfather. :(

A

Anonymous

Looks to be in excellent shape, and a good larger size.

Estancia

Glad someone else noticed this...I was also shocked after reading this touching letter a few days ago. The last sentence is the most poignant "Wear it well and be proud of what it stands for" ... Some people just dont get it and by the looks of it would rather take a couple hundred dollars from a dealer, very very sad but who knows maybe we dont know the full story.