• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Martin Lane G-1

tda003

I just aquier the Martin Lane G-1 MIL-J-7823D (WP),contract no. DSA 100-69-C-1545. It appears to be new and unworn except foe a few small moth nips. Collar is genuine mouton and leather is goatskin.
MartinLane G-1.1.jpg
MartinLane G-1.2.jpg
MartinLane G-1.3.jpg
MartinLane G-1.4.jpg
MartinLane G-1.5.jpg
MartinLane G-1.6.jpg
MartinLane G-1.7.jpg
Zipper is Scovill. The small hairs are courtesy of my setter, Dolly.

Brettafett

Gorgeous... If you ever come across an original 42 in decent condition for a good price, please let us know ;)

Dany McDonald

Very nice, and those holes are an easy fix when in control of the needle!

Question, are you sure it's mouton and not synthetic?

Dany

tda003

Honesty, I don't really know. Just going by the seller's description. What's the test to determine?

Dany McDonald

Who really cares, it's a gorgeous G-1. But it you wanna be sure, you can bring one hair to a flame and check if it burns. Synthetic will melt. It's non scientific.....

Dany McDonald

CONGRATS !!! You just snagged a beauty of an original . Probably for a lot less money that a repro of a G-1.
Nicely done !

B-man, yeah that is so true, there are still very nice G-1's available out there for a lot less than copies. I still see some vintage USN skins on ebay for a lot less $$$. Wish N-1's were easily available...:(

Dany

B-Man2

Just a thought to consider . You can pick up some nice mouton for very cheap money and replace the Dynel collar and……. Still have an original USN issued G-1 jacket that looks great and costs hundreds less than a repro ELC G-1

B-Man2

I may try that. Recommendations?
Old mouton coats can be found on EBay for very little money . Cut down you can get multiple collars out of them . Here’s a coat I picked up and one of the collars it was made into .

Last edited: