• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New GW 20960 sleeves length?

JWS4

I recieved my new GW 20960 today, ordered in late September. It has been well worth the wait, John is an artist at his craft without question. The only concern I have is the sleeves seem a little long. When my arms are held straight down I get that dreaded tunnel look. Will this become less as the sleeves wear in and form natural creases, or just the opposite? Has anyone delt with this on a new GW before? Oh I know pictures would help, will post soon. Love the summer weather here in Massachusetts but can not wait till Fall so I can wear the jacket.

Jeff M

A picture would be very helpful.

Check out some old those old photos of airmen wearing their A2's. Sleeves long, sleeves short, bodies long, bodies short.
Just depends on what you want/like/can't stand.
All of my A2's have a bit of "tunneling" to one degree or another when arms are held by my side....none of which bother me. There are none that I put on that make me think "these sleeves are too long", none that make me feel like a kid wearing his dad's jacket.

It will improve as the jacket sleeves shorten slightly over time with development of creases and folds.

ButteMT61

Yep, not way in the world we can help without pics...
Also, it's subjective. I bet even with pics, the replies will be all over.

unclegrumpy

It is very hard to tell without seeing any pictures, but the sleeves will "shorten" up a bit once they get some creases. If the jacket fits well otherwise, why not just wear it and see what happens?

I am sure JC will shorten the sleeves for you if you are still unhappy in a few months. Better wait until the jacket breaks in and molds to your shape....it will.

JWS4

I will post some pictures soon! I have been looking at old pictures of aviators wearing A-2 jackets. It is quite amusing looking at the fits, especially one of the Dolittle raiders. A tall guy with sleeves up to his elbows, just about. We look for exacting authenticity in jacket reproduction but perfect size is all over the spectrum. Vickie just e-mailed me and says JC can shorten sleeves w/o any problem should I so desire. Great customer relations!

ButteMT61

unclegrumpy said:
It is very hard to tell without seeing any pictures, but the sleeves will "shorten" up a bit once they get some creases. If the jacket fits well otherwise, why not just wear it and see what happens?

I am sure JC will shorten the sleeves for you if you are still unhappy in a few months. Better wait until the jacket breaks in and molds to your shape....it will.

Mainly if it's HH. None of my goat ever did that unless some HWT was applied...

bseal

I'd wager John made it to precisely the measurements provided. Regardless, if necessary, sleeves can be shortened. ;) A good local tailor could take care of it.

JWS4

JC sent me a jacket to try on for size and it fit just right. I spoke to Vickie and she said John had no problem shortening the sleeve length. No way would I let anyone but John work on this jacket. His craftsmanship could not be equaled, in my opinion.