• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New DIAMOND CAPS Luxenburg

kiltie

IMG_9260_zps021f1011.jpg

Here is my new Luxenburg by Diamond Cap Company.
I received it yesterday, so these pictures are essentially what you get, out of the box. Packaging, by the way, is solid and sent USPS with tracking ( so you can bite your nails when you know the thing arrived across town at midnight and you still have twelve hours to go...).

IMG_9261_zpsf0e4d595.jpg

Here is the label in the liner, compared to an original -
IMG_9254_zps53d9025f.jpg
IMG_9255_zps199c6a41.jpg

Band, outside:
IMG_9257_zps5127fd2c.jpg

Group of crushers ( original at top, Diamond Flighter at right ):
IMG_9263_zps0a924feb.jpg

Here is a comparison between a cap device provided by Diamond that's about eight or so months old, next to the new one, so you can see how a nice bit of dulling and oxidation gives it an Authentic look:
IMG_9265_zpseb11382c.jpg

The Luxenburg is a great cap at a good price, if you don't want to spring for one of the $300+ models, and you gotta have a Diamond ( and you do, believe me...). Where I'm at, I needed a tropical cap if I want to wear one during the months beyond April. I was hoping to do a really close side-by-side comparison with the original I have, but it would appear the models are slightly different. My original has a single ply visor, whilst Diamond's is a 2-ply, along with a different attachment of the bill.
I was initially concerned by a little stiffness, but upon investigating found the form behind the sweatband is the same as on the original and just wants some breaking in. The sweatband, by the way, is very comfortable, however, sadly it lacks the Luxenburg imprint. That addition, though, probably would increase costs considerably, so I don't miss it at all in the grand investment to payoff ratio. The liner is really nice, and the overall weight makes for a great summer cap. I really do wear these things as I would any other hat ( they go great with an Aloha shirt ), and I get plenty of un-ironic compliments. Nevermind that's a track record garnered primarily at drinking establishments...
Thanks, Dave, for another great cap!

ausreenactor

They are a quality item. Super pics add to your review! Thanks for taking the time...time, shit gotta go..

Couchy

A

Anonymous

One day I will spring for one of these, Beautifully done.

grommet

I have 2 of these khaki ones. The first looks like the one on the Diamond website. Although this was nice, the newer one blew me away! The topper was upgraded (similar to yours) and the band looks more authentic. I have had 2 of Dave's Flighters and an OD Lux. All are top quality, but the last Khaki is the best.

PaulGT3

I love these hats but where would you wear it and for what purpose if you werent a re-enactor?
I would love to justify one.

Steve H

Well.... you COULD remove the badge and just wear it at a cocky angle down the street! Here in Melbourne noone would look twice at you. There are enough freaks here to take the heat off an old skool James Dean looking cap!

I just looked at mine and just took off the badge and spun the chinstrap round the back- in retrospect the strap could stay at the front- or you could go nuts and take the buttons and strap off if you want to completely de-militarise it but I think just taking off the badge is fine- then again, just you could just wear it as is! I reckon the positive comments would outweigh anything else!

Dr H

Not sure that your wife will go for that, Paul - you've been watching too much Mrs. Brown I fear...