• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New BK Dubow

CryptoDave

I actually like the sleeves. They are not restrictive and allow me to wear a sweat shirt or hoodie underneath if I choose to.

Maybe it's just me and my lack of "historical" knowledge, but I like the way it looks as well.

Dave

stevetfire

Re: New BK Dubowu

CryptoDave said:
I actually like the sleeves. They are not restrictive and allow me to wear a sweat shirt or hoodie underneath if I choose to.

Maybe it's just me and my lack of "historical" knowledge, but I like the way it looks as well.

Dave
If you look at some of the old wartime pics Dave , you'll see sleeves all shapes and sizes, as dished out by the
Quartermaster :lol: :lol: so history tells us those boys got what they were given :lol:
Yours looks fantastic and fits great I think ...I'd like to see some more pics when its got some wear .....well done Bi

CryptoDave

Re: New BK Dubowu

stevetfire said:
CryptoDave said:

Dave
If you look at some of the old wartime pics Dave , you'll see sleeves all shapes and sizes, as dished out by the
Quartermaster :lol: :lol: so history tells us those boys got what they were given :lol:
Yours looks fantastic and fits great I think ...I'd like to see some more pics when its got some wear .....well done Bi

Thanks. Will post more pics as it wears in.

Dave

A

Anonymous

also, if you pull the lower half of the sleeve a little upwards, it will create wrinkles at the elbow, which is desirable for wwii look, and the cuff will be visible.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
also, if you pull the lower half of the sleeve a little upwards, it will create wrinkles at the elbow, which is desirable for wwii look, and the cuff will be visible.

Wet 'em with hot tap water first. It works wonders.

blackrat2

Looks a really nice jacket..as has been said the sleeves will crease a tad and its better to start long rather than have em riding up your forearms

Marv

ButteMT61 said:
PLATON said:

Wet 'em with hot tap water first. It works wonders.

I agree looks great, and yes a bit of hot water on the sleeves will most definately help - you can use one of those spray bottles you use for watering plants with hot water and give the leather a good old mist and wear until dry and you will see a big difference.

dmar836

Wet the sleeves and push 'em up a bit. Then wet the rest, lay down, and do bench presses(min 135lbs) until it dries. Works every time.

Rutger

Whilst I agree on the length of the sleeves being too long after my taste, the jacket itself looks spot on, after a couple of months of wear it will have settled to your body. The red knits look good, that's a nice feature. The upper back, yeah, well, I don't see any tension lines there, and was it dmar, well, he is right about the A2 being a bit more binding with simple arm pits, the navy leather is a lot better than that (but less iconic). If the shiny appearance is a bit too much, I read on Fedora Lounge that saddle soap can take care of that. Never tried that myself though.

The downside of shortening sleeves is that a quarter of an inch too short will be a pain forever.
Furthermore, if shortened too soon, a seemingly perfect length will shorten a bit more after further creasing and shrinkage, once more causing an extra chance of becoming a pain.
Wear it a lot, let nature have it's way, if it rains, take her out on a walk and then after a couple of months look at it again see what your thoughts are by that time.

stanier

I think it looks great, love the knits and of course they look bigger (and cooler) for the smaller sized jacket.

I'm very tempted by this and would love to know in a postive and pleasant way how it compares with a GW Dubow.

Would love some detail shots especially of the collar.

Cheers

chamboid

A great jacket. And Rutger is spot on. It'll naturally shrink and sleeves especially 'crinkle'. I will be buying a Keldo in the future and don't know if I want the seal or dark seal? This looks great but do you think it'll lighten up? The website photos look a tad more mottled?

Anyway. Great jacket, great fit, the arms will ride up a bit, but if it don't bother you, it ain't broke so dont fix it.

Show us some more pics when you've worn it in to satisfaction

colekwok

Hi Dave! Nice jacket! The leather looks stunning!
But I thought that the Dubow 1755 should have purple-ish knits? It looks like reddish brown to be in the photo?
Mine is on order right now, not sure how it will look on me since I told BK that I want a snug fit. Do you mind telling us your measurments? I ordered a size 38 myself with half an inch taken off plus an inch extra on the body. I am not sure how much the sleeve will crease, but from my experience, less than an inch unless it is a very thick hide.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I doubt anyone can catch the correct color with his camera, if he bought his camera for less than $3000.
Then we can talk about graphics cards and monitors...

Anyway, those who bought the jacket can see that the knits are purplish.
I will try to show later a side by side comparison between purplish and reddish for your reference.

Snug fit is the way to go.

CryptoDave

colekwok said:
Hi Dave! Nice jacket! The leather looks stunning!
But I thought that the Dubow 1755 should have purple-ish knits? It looks like reddish brown to be in the photo?
Mine is on order right now, not sure how it will look on me since I told BK that I want a snug fit. Do you mind telling us your measurments? I ordered a size 38 myself with half an inch taken off plus an inch extra on the body. I am not sure how much the sleeve will crease, but from my experience, less than an inch unless it is a very thick hide.

Hi,

First off I have to agree with Platon, those pics were taken with an iPhone 5 camera.

The knits are definitively reddish, but I'm no expert and don't know what the purple knit looks like.

My measurements are as follows:
5'7.5" Tall
I weigh about 137lbs
My chest size is 39"
My sleeve length is:23.5"
My pit to pit is 20"
My shoulders are 20"
My stomach 30"
My waist 32"
Measurement around arms at biceps 46"

I went with the size 40 and couldn't be happier.

Dave