• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aero m422a just received!

Shropshire-lad

I have just taken delivery of an Aero m422a that I ordered a while ago. Seriously pleased with the jacket.... just one query. :
The left pocket with the pencil slot..... it’s the same size as the right hand one.... is this correct? I have noticed that some m422a have a larger left pocket to allow for the pencil slot so was surprised that this was not like that. Can anyone shed light or reassurance all is fine before I go into panic mode?!
Cheers from an ocd sufferer!

Shropshire-lad

1C5AE64D-1F4A-4D1C-9D87-2B11A474BA5C.jpeg
519EFF2C-808D-444D-B354-193575E81F4A.jpeg

Shropshire-lad

The L.W Foster AN-J-3a from 1943 had a sewn pencil slot and the pockets are the same size. As many know, the AN-J-3a was basically a M422a for everyone (ARMY/NAVY(MARINES)). So no fear, your pockets are legit.
View attachment 60639
Thank you so much, you’ve made my day! I google searched and found a few photo’s but yours has convinced me defo’.... all good!
And Alexlutov - I will take some photos cose up for you but the skin is very nice and not over ‘pebbled’. Very similar to an ELC one I had years ago..... should age in nicely.

ausreenactor

I have just taken delivery of an Aero m422a that I ordered a while ago. Seriously pleased with the jacket.... just one query. :
The left pocket with the pencil slot..... it’s the same size as the right hand one.... is this correct? I have noticed that some m422a have a larger left pocket to allow for the pencil slot so was surprised that this was not like that. Can anyone shed light or reassurance all is fine before I go into panic mode?!
Cheers from an ocd sufferer!
Mathchy matchy is 'bestest'?