• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Good Wear - Dubow 27798

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Uffff, I don't even know where to start with this one! I have been looking for a Good Wear in my size (42) for years, since 2011 to be exact! It is so funny to think that while I was looking for one, I have found around 30 originals, one even with a box. Therefore, it is fair to say that finding a GW 42 is a rare bird.

The Dubow pattern has a slim athletic fit and is one of the most striking due to the unique collar shape and curved-pointy pocket flaps. The original 27798 can be found in horsehide and goatskin.

This Dubow is made of a special selection of goatskin from Mexico, and JC took it to the next level by doing a hot water treatment, achieving that popping grain effect. This jacket has a superb vintage look, even though it is brand new. The details of its construction are a delight to see. JC is truly an artist. The lining is made of Japanese cotton, and the dull reddish-brown knits come from a new supply. The spec label is indistinguishable from an original, the lettering size and style are spot-on. Inspector stamp and insignia stamps are correct. The snaps are vintage United Carr Anzo and the M-42 Talon zipper is a top reproduction.

Needless to say, if you are particular about details and authenticity, a Good Wear will exceed your expectations.
DSC01291.jpeg
DSC00933.jpeg
DSC00942.jpeg
DSC00950.jpeg
DSC00935.jpeg
DSC00943.jpeg

Last edited:

blackrat2

That looks spot on Jorge, the goat he is using is amazing stuff, what made you go goat with your Doob?
Did you have any other combat clone work done, I will look at the pictures later but currently looking on my phone, halfway through my night shift with tired sore eyes!!