• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motorcycle vintage leather jackets from the 30/40ies

Pilot

Just testing the waters…
Might be a trade in for one of my Luftwaffe Jackets…Size apprx 40-42” US.
4D8779B5-FD52-4493-AA34-3730E8C5304C.jpeg
D5FD62B9-AD34-4313-A998-B7B4112D3DFF.jpeg
B9092199-FDA3-42E8-AF9F-38B571E10B86.jpeg
B9092199-FDA3-42E8-AF9F-38B571E10B86.jpeg
F03665A4-907E-49DC-8C3D-3288BBB04796.jpeg
FB326471-D6C6-4C36-8730-EA4CF956731A.jpeg
367A2032-281D-43C1-8EB1-51C75D077EE9.jpeg

So anyone interested please chime in…
Shipping cost via courier service only so costly for outside of Japan Korea and EU..
Jacket price might be negotiable.. if interested, feel free to pm.
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

I have a bunch of those jackets too.....but some of mine were used by the Luftwaffe pilots. I still took off all the sewn on items. Now I can't wear them because I have gotten fat around my gut! I have one just like Reinhard Seiler with one having a large mink collar, another with fox fur collar that are detachable.
Aircrew-Luftwaffe-JG54-ace-Reinhard-Seiler-Russia-Aug-1942-01.jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
9183070912171149p.jpg

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

That is a great price.....can you give me the exact measurements, shoulder to shoulder, top arm sleeve to end, then waist size. As aforementioned I wore mine while riding my Indian. But I am a potato now and can not even button or zipper up mine. I am not belittling or criticizing it. Just informing that I have a ton of the same jackets and can no longer wear them. If yours is a size I can wear then I would make a consideration.

Rory Schultz

My friends? I am a little lost on that one. I have no idea what you are talking about. I got burned by a guy from Germany on one jacket some 5 or so years ago who was claiming his jacket was made by ADEFA. I also went into detail that ADEFA NEVER EVER MADE ANY OF THE JACKETS CLAIMED BY RON IRBE!!! and I posted a bunch of warnings on here about him. So how the fuck is he my friend when I had been warning you guys ???? Also, did you forget that you were the one who sold me a Hartmann jacket off Ebay with the claims it was Luftwaffe worn? I am pretty sure that was you. But all my other jackets are motorcycle jackets and said I removed anything that someone jazzed up jackets....I made it clear that I am interested in antique motorcycle jackets. I also have no idea how Reich Defense jackets are not Luftwaffe, 2 of them still have all their electrical attachments, the other one does not have it. I mentioned that the best one with their electrical I bought from Michael Fuller from his website...I dont have any friends on ebay and I have never sold anything on Ebay. I have not been on Ebay In almost 2 years. In fact, I warned a ton of you guys about all the bad guys on the Ebay who are ripping people off and posted on THIS SITE all their names and aliases. If you go back over the years I posted on here a ton of people on Ebay posting fake jackets. Also, I mentioned on here that these Luftwaffe Pilots NEVER WORE their motorcycle jackets while flying. only on their down time. It is not possible to wear decorations on a jacket then bailout because the prop wash blows them off. I also posted that I put this to the test and drove my Indian at 60 mph and sure enough they blew off. I got banned from sites because I posted that Luftwaffe Pilots NEVER wore jackets with Medals on them while in flight. Only sewn on. It is not possible to wear hanging decorations with all the parachute on and safety harnesses. I do not have any displays with all the decorations or anything. Every jacket that had that stuff on them I removed so that I could wear the jackets. I never added them on nor did I ever sell any. I posted fantasy photos on here how they would look with stuff on them but never attached any and mentioned in those old posts that they were just for photos. All of my decorations are stored away in boxes. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF MY MOTORCYCLE JACKETS HAVE ANY NAZI ITEMS ON THEM. What Jackets that have the Mink collars etc. were obtained in the UK 1970's and Germany in 1980's and Ebay did not exist and I mentioned that I took off any sewn on Luftwaffe items. I argued for years telling people that Luftwaffe Pilots NEVER WORE THESE IN FLIGHT....only on the ground.

You made the claim that no Luftwaffe pilot wore these jackets. I said they did wear them. But I had mentioned many times in the past they wore them ONLY on the ground NOT DURING FLIGHT. NO PILOT WOULD HAVE WORN THEM OVER RUSSIAN TERRITORY. They were not recognized Luftwaffe attire and would be subject to execution. That came straight from Erich Hartmann's own mouth. He told people at a conference in the UK he never wore one in flight. I informed a ton of people on forums that his was given to him by the photographer for posed photos. That was in mid 1944 and he said he never wore it in combat. He said Russian soldiers would execute German pilots for being out of proper uniform, or wearing any Russian winter coats. Just like the Germans would execute any American having on them anything taken from dead Germans.....but the German soldiers would steal dead American's boots or RAF jackets like Adolf Galland did. Don't forget how much the Germans stole and repurposed anything from the British at Dunkirk.

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

1695432649825.png

Where in this old post am I claiming that I am purchasing jackets for dressing them as Luftwaffe? I mentioned that this seller did not try to use any fakery. I at first that this was from the 1930s because of the 1930's zippers but they are later period. But this one is still looking the same.

Rory Schultz

I just pulled out of storage this wartime battle used Luftwaffe Lt. leather overcoat. It is extremely filthy and I need to clean it then restore the leather. It has the ring attached reinforced buttons and dagger pocket. There are a lot of field repairs on it. It was so dirty my hands were grey from the mud all over it. 20190124_134433.jpg 20190124_134453.jpg 20190124_134526.jpg

Or this one?

Rory Schultz

jJan 30, 2019 In this post I asked if this jacket on EBAY was Legit. You told me not it was. I dont seem to be selling or posing anything but asking for advice. I said I thought it was too high and did not buy them at 800 dollars for both. So, where am I doing something in league?
I just spotted two jackets up for sale that the seller is claiming to be Hartmann jackets (French Café racers with Éclair zippers and buckle) You guys tell me if these are legit? s-l1600 e h jacket.jpg s-l1600eclair buckle.jpg s-l1600 wool lining.jpg s-l1600 side buckle.jpg s-l500 label.jpg s-l1600 collar stitching.jpg s-l500  zipper.jpg Now the second jacket...which looks to be reworked jacket to look like Hartmann. But you guys know about them, I don't know them. s-l1600 f cafe racer.jpg s-l1600 front zippers.jpg s-l1600 front buckle.jpg

Rory Schultz

if you notice I said from a collector in Ireland. It passed the sniff test according to what you guys said that I should look for to determine if true or not. I used a scope and found that there had been nothing sewn thru the lining but was all underneath the lining then I checked to see if the zippers were replaced. There were no adding things to it since it had been owned. But I removed all the Nazi items and said that I could use it to pose photos. I never said anything or posing it so sell or anything or that nature. I said I wished to wear it after I restored it when riding my Indian. So where am I trying to make some false or misrepresent these to sell or con anyone when I wear them???? Did you forget how to tell the difference between genuine 1930's to 40's Motorcycle racing jackets? It is the reinforced padding at the elbows and shoulder. In a Circular Shape. Difference between actual racing Motor jackets and just regular leather jackets is the shoulder and elbow.
May 26, 2019
Here is my latest jacket that I just purchased from a collector in Ireland. I went thru the jacket with UV lights and my scope and it passed with flying colors. The shoulder boards are WW2 period that came with it and it passed the UV test and scope as well. Under the scope I could see that the jacket had sewn in shoulder boards that had been cut off. The collector informed me he made no modifications to it and purchased it in Germany over 15 years ago as it is. I checked the coat all over and it had all the tell tale signs of having been worn by a pilot with the abrasions to the shoulders and backs from harnesses and the backside of the arms especially the left arm. There was only one set of decorations loop that you could tell was used for an Iron Cross so I placed one of mine temporarily in it for the pic. There were no other decoration loops found. There is a hint of some stitch work holes near a button hole but no clue what that was for. I need to replenish the oils in the leather, it is bordering on cracking and re affirm the buttons so that they are firm to wear plus remove the Luftwaffe stuff. I am considering wearing this one in the fall on my motorcycle. I paid only 279. Euros for it. It fit me perfectly! I have a matching set of leather jodhpurs already to wear with it. Now I have the matching set...the single breast zipper jacket and this double breasted one.

20190526_124500.jpg 20190526_124715.jpg 20190526_124515.jpg 20190526_123956.jpg

Rory Schultz

Jun 6, 2019 Tell me, where am I claiming this was anything used by the Luftwaffe...never did. I did not mention this being used by the German Military. The Label inside is there to see. I said this was a German made motorcycle set. The only other reference is that the Jacket is similar in looking like Marseilles jacket. There were NO Luftwaffe items on this at all nor did I made any such claims. I still have this and I wore it for several months.
Greetings Gents,

Here is my newest jacket and riding pants that arrived today. I paid 300 Euros for the set. They are 1930's to 40's German Motorcycle set. The jacket fits me but the pants are too small in the waist since I have gotten such a fat gut. I could not pass up a deal on such a collectable item. You would not believe how heavy this jacket is with its winter insulation. I have never come across one so thick as this one.. I noticed that this jacket is similar to Hans Marseilles jacket, the difference is the bottom pockets on mine. His were horizonal openings while mine are vertical angle. Has the same type closure strap as his. Well that's what it looks like to me from the photos but I may be wrong. I am losing it in my old man disease! lol 20190606_134956.jpg 20190606_135037.jpg 20190606_135056.jpg 20190606_141521.jpg

Rory Schultz

Jun 9, 2019 This is the story I got from the lady in Poland who sold it to me. She did not say it was used by the German Military but that a teen found it in a bombed out house with the motor bike plus. I still have this and have not made any changes to it nor made any military claims about it. But it has its manufacturers name in them.
I just contacted the lady that I bought this set from about if she knew its history. She told me she got it 10 to 15 years ago from a very old guy who rode around on a dkw nz 350 until he was too old. She said he was forced as a teen to work at the Focke-Wolf factory in Germany and when he was returning to his country from there in 1945 he found it and the motorcycle in an abandoned bombed out house. She said that is all she remembers because he died soon after the purchases. I asked about the motorcycle but she said her husband restored it and sold it already. Damn! Shit on a dead dog's butt! Some people have all the luck! Just misssssssssssed it by that much......

Rory Schultz

Jun 5, 2020 So TELL ME PILOT HOW IS RON IRBE MY FRIEND WHEN I AM SLAMMING HIM BACK IN 2020????
  • I am hanging in there Pilot. I have been very ill for a longtime. In and out of the hospital blah blah blah. I can not die yet, I have to stay alive until my 14 yr old daughter is old enough to stand on her own feet. I am terrified I am going to croak before she is ready because she has no one to go to, she will be alone. I have had full custody of her since she was an infant and have raised her alone.

Jeesh another Ron Erbe! The guy has so many aliases. He would be better off just listing them as authentic and rare moto bike jackets at a reasonable price instead of claiming Luftwaffe and price raping. There are far more moto collectors.

Rory Schultz

Jul 9, 2020 WAS I NOT ALSO RIGHT BESIDE YOU GUYS SLAMMING ALL THE FRAUDS ON EBAY.....SURE DO REMEMBER US ALL TALKING ABOUT IT AND I CALLED IT BY NAMES SUCH AS FLEABAY By the way, I mentioned that I bought stuff to convert them into costumes for my daughter and I to wear at Comic con.....remember?
I have tried to find out info on this photo as well thru one of the Luftwaffe Forums and it seems no one knows from that site either. It seems it is one of those obscure photos that its history is lost somewhere......except to scammers!
I know when scammers try to use this photo to push some pimped out jacket they use some of these photos as their claim. Saying, "this is so and so pilot from blah blah unit and there he is wearing the very jacket that I just happen to have that I will sell to you for the mother-raping price of Ka-ching $$$$ and to top it off, I will throw in a COA written up by one of my scammer buddies...I mean the expert authority on the yada yada yada." Any time, you see these type photos that you can not get a google image search off of it, then view it with suspicion. This photo is one of the most used photo by the scammers on Fleabay!

Jan 18, 2019
Very nice. I have some of these visors also that I got off of ebay for less than 30. Some are from late 50's to mid 70's period. I got these to alter and use to make costumes for use at Comic Con. Here is a pic of my daughter and I with actress Morena Baccarin.

20180407_154214.jpg

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

So tell me Brice, since when did I ever join forces with people like Ron Irbe in trying to pass off Motorcycle jackets as Luftwaffe for the purpose to sell and con anyone? I am not the one making reproductions, I am not selling any of my items nor have I ever tried to sell any of them. I have distinctly criticized people like Ron Irbe and others for doing just that because I too was not informed on their history yet. But learned very quickly what is and is not genuine motorcycle jackets.
In fact I gave you the first dibs to purchase my best Reich defense jacket when I sell it. So I have no idea why you are so pissed off at me, I never conned or cheated people. But I will depart this site for good. Tootles

Pilot

Hi Rory, sorry did not mean to offend you.
Apologies if I did. I am not pissed off at you.
„Your friends“ was meant sarcastically and I deeply regret.
Again apologies.
Also, I never sold a Hartmann on Ebay . Not to you nor to another.
Sorry, we all know you got cheated by those two.
As for the first nib on your Reichsverteidigung Jacket, I politely refused.