• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

missing link?

B-Man2

Probably the best way to try to ID the jacket.
Hopefully you’ll get a response.
Cheers

2BM2K

One of the things that was puzzling was the zip puller as it is an early type.

IMG_2973.JPG

Below is a puller as fitted to an original Werber 1729 ( and these can also be found on SAT jackets)

w6.jpg

This is a newer design and the construction is different.

Looking at the top stop I can see one of the legs has been cut off indicating that the puller may have been changed.

topstop.JPG

Another point to note is that the early type of puller as on this jacket is found upon Switlik A2 trousers.

robrinay

Are you suggesting the pull came from Switlik trousers or just saying the style is the same - Hmm - do the Switlik trousers have a separable zipper? In my (limited) experience pulls from closed end Early #5 (late 40’s), Talon zipper pulls don’t work on Talon separable zippers as they are too short to take the male section of the zipper chain. It could be different on these earlier riveted hookless styles?

Last edited:

bazelot

why is the zip stud so damaged. It actually looks like both studs (one nipple is completely gone) are damaged and the damage looks pretty recent

2BM2K

why is the zip stud so damaged. It actually looks like both studs (one nipple is completely gone) are damaged and the damage looks pretty recent

That would imply that the whole zipper was removed from the Switlik trousers, shortened and then
fitted to the jacket.

bazelot

Dave, it does look like the zipper track is original but the studs are so heavily damaged it is just odd. The backside of the studs actually look like someone went at it with pliers.

saucerfiend

Dave, it does look like the zipper track is original but the studs are so heavily damaged it is just odd. The backside of the studs actually look like someone went at it with pliers.
I'm sure the slider wasn't replaced by a tailor.

Brian

2BM2K

There does appear to be a misalignment between the stitches and a previous stitch line.
A close up photo would help to see this better.
stitches.jpg

DiamondDave

Gents,

Not my story to tell, and I will let the OP or the machine operator, who is a member here as well, tell you what it actually is.

DD