• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint M-445A

bazelot

Just bought this jacket. It is in amazing condition. I have owned many many M445As over the years and this one is the best. No cracking anywhere and the shearling is still VERY soft. I lay the emphasis on very soft because i had never seen one so supple. It is marked size 40 but feels more like a confortable 42. This one is fully wearable but In san Francisco I do not know when I will get the chance to wera it :)
The jacket belonged to Rear Admiral Ira McMillian (He was a Commander in WWII) He received a Navy Cross, Silver Star and Legion of Merit. The helmet and jacket were used by him while in the Aleutian Islands where he played a key role in the planning phases of the Attu and Kiska operations. Rear Admiral McMillian also served as Commanding Officer of the Destroyer U.S.S. NEWCOMB (DD-586), Flagship of the Screen Commander in Task Force FIFTY-FOUR (TF-54).
The jacket came with a M-450 flight helmet, an amazing scarf man of parachute silk and a mint NAF1092 Lift the Dot Navy flight helmet with a pre war contract. Very rare helmet in any condition. This one is basically mint!

The helmet:

The silk scarf made from a parachute canopy, it is roughly 5 feet long

Awards: