• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Korean war A-2

bebel

Here's my J.A.Dubow A-2. This one was refurbished for the Korean war and that's the reason I got it. The 7th FBS patch may be from the F-80 period. Ghosts of a leather plate name, officers shoulders insignias and an older patch are visible on the left chest. From what squadron could this old patch be?
Franck

dsc0007zh.jpg

dsc0003nx.jpg

dsc0001vfy.jpg

dsc0004zc.jpg

dsc0002ac.jpg

dsc0005rhn.jpg

dsc0006xg.jpg

Mac

Yes, thanks for the good photos. Patch reminded me of Bogart in Tokyo Joe 1949 (granted post WWII, pre-Korea).

a+humphrey+bogart+tokyo+joe+10614.jpg

Mac

oose

Hi Franck,
That is one fine A2, love the redye on that one, patch looks just right for the period, this shot is from 1955.

Do you have any info on its 7th FBS pilot?
All the best
stu

bebel

Thank you for comments and additional informations.

Stu,
No, not any info on the owner. Unfortunately. Thank you for the 67th FBS pilots photo.

Marcel,
You're almost right: this unit was attached to the 49th FBG! ;)

Franck

dujardin

bebel said:
an older patch are visible on the left chest. From what squadron could this old patch be?
Franck

i waist a little time in my file ''patch''

well, i saw some patch that could match , but nothing 100%

and i only look in my fighter section, not yet bomber, not yet navy, not yet post war.....

without possible identification on the original owner, i think it's impossible to know what this patch was

but the game is pleasant ;)

EMBLEMHUNTER

I posted a reply over on the USMF about this one , I think it's the 9th FBS "Iron Knight" emblem, the shape is very close and the stitching would have been somewhat inside of the design so the shortened look would have been because of this , not too many patches had that upper wing shaped area coming off the top ...........................
johnny

oose

Hi,
EMBLEMHUNTER said:
I think it's the 9th FBS "Iron Knight" emblem, the shape is very close and the stitching would have been somewhat inside of the design so the shortened look would have been because of this , not too many patches had that upper wing shaped area coming off the top ...........................
johnny
Good detective work ! That could make sense as they were both with the 49th FBG, maybe the jacket stayed with the group and was reissued to a pilot in the 7th FBS, or maybe when the pilot finished his tour he traded it as by that stage the A2 was becoming a rare beast.

All the best
stu

bebel

Many thanks for your help, Johnny and all of you.
I'll continue to search. But at this time, the best way is that the patch could be the9th FBS.
Franck