• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

Pa12

No …..but I remember Sergio Valenti , Jordache and Calvin Kleins ….
Oh Hell … Im showing my age again aren’t I ?
:oops:
Out of my price range ;) gwg probably never went south of the border. They shut down in 2004. Still remember their commercials from the early 70’s. Gw groovy.:D

Pa12

Strange, I never saw Levi’s growing up. Maybe they kept them out so gwg could prosper, being a Canadian company.

Pa12

That is weird, considering how long they've been around.

Any chance GWG was owned by Levi?
That I don’t know. Quite possible I guess. I think I started seeing Levi’s in the 80’s though and gwg lasted until 2004. That surprised me too as it seems a lot longer than 20 years since I’ve seen gwg. Might have survived a little longer out west as they also made coveralls and overalls.

B-Man2

We’re you in one of those Calvin Klein commercials?;)
LOL!! OMG !!

Man … you made my day
No .. but thanks for the thought .

I will share a short story with you.
Back around 1979 I was in Bangkok Thailand and thru a connection I met the Thai distributor for Blue jeans . The guy took me to a blue jean factory where I saw all of the major brands of jeans, being assembled in the same factory . The had Jordache , Sergio Valenti , Calvin’s and about ten other name brands that were popular at the time, all being made in the same place . I bought about 10 pair of different makes. I think I paid about $7.00 a pair .

Pa12

LOL!! OMG !!

Man … you made my day
No .. but thanks for the thought .

I will share a short story with you.
Back around 1979 I was in Bangkok Thailand and thru a connection I met the Thai distributor for Blue jeans . The guy took me to a blue jean factory where I saw all of the major brands of jeans, being assembled in the same factory . The had Jordache , Sergio Valenti , Calvin’s and about ten other name brands that were popular at the time, all being made in the same place . I bought about 10 pair of different makes. I think I paid about $7.00 a pair .
Wow. In 79? I thought that was a more recent thing.

Drzdave58

Strange, I never saw Levi’s growing up. Maybe they kept them out so gwg could prosper, being a Canadian company.
Here’s a jacket for u.
IMG_3854.png

blackrat2

Having found Levis Vintage Clothing 1944 jeans disappointing when I last got some (2011 or thereabouts) I have snagged a pair of the Japanese made jeans of the same contract..first impressions are they are so
Much better made than my last two pairs.
The pocket bags as Grant eluded to are much better for a starter, the denim fabric looks good and I have given mine a soak yesterday before I wear them from now on
I know there will be those that wear raw and don’t soak but I’ve always soaked em before wearing them, did hot water for the legs to take some length and then the whole jeans in just about Luke warm water, naturally it’s changed subtly how the denim now appears and the length is a lot more manageable for me
End Clothing had a sale so at £145 for a pair I thought it was great value..TCB have recently gone to one wash on there S40’s which is a great shame
IMG_2372.jpeg
IMG_2373.jpeg
IMG_2374.jpeg

blackrat2

So at Christmas I was asked what I wanted for a present by my partner and as luck would have it I spied some TCB’s S40’s on ebay
Having just said how TCB has gone one wash on there denim, the older jeans were all raw denim, also there generic S40’s use green pockets, I was lucky the pair I snagged were jeans issued in there WW2 contest, these came in raw or one wash, and all came with mismatched pocket bags and a unique WW2 comp patch
Sadly these have been mislabelled in sizing and are probably a 35/36 waist and the legs are pretty long, certainly over 34 inches so sadly the jeans aren’t gonna work for me
I will measure and post up in sale section but if your in the hunt for 36 waist jeans drop me a PM
Couple of pics here guys
IMG_2363.jpeg
IMG_2375.jpeg
IMG_2376.jpeg
IMG_2377.jpeg
IMG_2378.jpeg

B-Man2

So at Christmas I was asked what I wanted for a present by my partner and as luck would have it I spied some TCB’s S40’s on ebay
Having just said how TCB has gone one wash on there denim, the older jeans were all raw denim, also there generic S40’s use green pockets, I was lucky the pair I snagged were jeans issued in there WW2 contest, these came in raw or one wash, and all came with mismatched pocket bags and a unique WW2 comp patch
Sadly these have been mislabelled in sizing and are probably a 35/36 waist and the legs are pretty long, certainly over 34 inches so sadly the jeans aren’t gonna work for me
I will measure and post up in sale section but if your in the hunt for 36 waist jeans drop me a PM
Couple of pics here guysView attachment 133329View attachment 133331View attachment 133333View attachment 133335View attachment 133337
PM sent

Grant

Picked up these Warehouse S1000XX wartime raw denim about three years ago from Fardin at Whitefeather. Warehouse is one of the original Osaka 5 leading the way reproducing vintage denim. These S1000XX are decent reproductions of what wartime denim looked like. One cool feature is how the deerskin leather patch is shrinking up, much like original patches. They started out as dry raw denim three years ago so are just starting to fade and break in.

W1.jpg
W3.jpg
W2.jpg
W4.jpg