• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth it ?

rich

Personally I think it's a bit steep - and I'd want to see better pics of those cuffs, we don't seem to see the zipless side very well. There seems to be a fair amount of crazing, which I guess you've got to expect - but it is in a generous size. Maybe if it had a nice IAC label, but I'm sure Leadsky Andrew and Roughwear Andrew both have 2 panel Irvins that are more than comparable to this one. You going to take a punt John?

John Lever

I only ever had one original Irvin. It was a huge electrically heated one. It had a taxidermists type smell.

Roughwear

No it is not worth £950, but someone desperate for a larger Irvin may just hit the button. I would suggest a value of £650 max for it, taking into account the significant wear to the cuffs and hem. BTW it was not made by IAC, but Links and is their first 1940 contract.

Andrew

If he gets that i'll eat my Irvin. I've noticed that prices appear to have dropped over the last few years, especially at this particular time. Wasn't the highest price ever acheived a grand and that was in the good times?

It doesn't even seem that big. On the plus side, the condition is pretty good and the main zip looks quite unworn and secure. It also appears to be quite a lightweight fleece, which would give it a longer wear season.