• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to attach a patch?

Boyscout

Hello! Please tell me how to stick a thermal patch on a leather and nylon jacket without damaging the material of the jackets? :confused:

JonnyCrow

I
Thought so. They are a class act.

Have the two decals for AAF and USAF and a couple of name tapes for Hayden.....
I like Mash stuff, got the replacement knits, cloth use AAF decals from them along with replacement buttons, thread, and they get them to Europe by DHL in 3-5 days

Boyscout

Привет, давно здесь не был. Купил термопластырь, но не решаюсь его приклеить... :закатывать глаза:

B-Man2

Привет, давно здесь не был. Купил термопластырь, но не решаюсь его приклеить... :закатывать глаза:
Sorry but this is an old thread and we use English in our written communications.
Please try using a translation app because we’d like to have you on this forum and would like to hear your ideas and opinions . :)

leper-colony

Sorry but this is an old thread and we use English in our written communications.
Please try using a translation app because we’d like to have you on this forum and would like to hear your ideas and opinions . :)
"Hello, haven't been here for a long time. I bought a thermal plaster, but I don’t dare stick it... :roll eyes:"

B-Man2

Thanks Lep

Response … Try using double sided tape. It will help you with finding the correct placement for the patch and you can leave it on for a couple of weeks to see if you really like the patch or want the patch permanently attached to your jacket . If you change your mind you can always slowly remove the patch without doing any damage to the hide of your jacket .

Boyscout

Uh, excuse me. I bought a thermal patch, but I hesitate to glue it on, I think the iron will melt the leather of the jacket.

B-Man2

Uh, excuse me. I bought a thermal patch, but I hesitate to glue it on, I think the iron will melt the leather of the jacket.
I’m right there with you, but maybe I didn’t mention getting a cloth or a leather patch instead of a thermal one . That’s why I suggested two sided tape instead of using a hot iron.

Micawber

Do you mean an iron on decal / transfer type shoulder patch or some other type, glue back fabric?

Go to the MASH website as they have instructions for the first type. Warm iron ok, very hot not good.