• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highneck Sweaters at WWII Impressions!

ww2imp

Ladies and Gentlemen,

WWII Impressions is proud to present...

sweaterfront.JPG

For more information on our beautiful new sweater please visit

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusarmysweaters.html

ww2imp

Not really. If you compare us to other American domestic manufacturers, as apposed to Chinese manufacturers, you will find our prices very competative. In some cases you will find our prices even less expensive. If you are accustom to "cheaper by the dozen" then cheaper is exactly what you will get.

We cater to the quality minded that is looking for authenticity and value. Our products last much longer than the cheaper alternatives. In our sweater we use quality yarn, quality workmanship, and accuracy in cut. I know our competitors don't follow quality this extensively.

"You Get What You Pay For!"

unclegrumpy

I have to agree with Juan, that the price of this sweater is not really out of line. It is not cheap either, but if the quality is really there, it would be worth it. If someone like J Crew had this sweater, it probably would be $225, because then it would be "fashion".

What I keep hearing people asking for are not sweaters, but for a new run of the WW II Impressions American made Corcoran boot line....especially the rough outs and Army service shoes. Hopefully, they can get moving on that, as it appears At the Front is about to get ahead of them with something similar.

Persimmon

Interesting jersey and I would be interested but the price prevents it.

The Eastman range I believe is a great product and so much cheaper.
Mind you getting them in some sizes seems to be a problem these days !!

Good luck with the collection wwwimp but I think you are way overpriced but
then a top end store sweater can easily cost your price and more.

dmar836

Remember how tough it would be to make something for such a limited market though. Anything from the US is expensive to begin with. We know ELC subcontracts makers - Diamond Dave had the escellent service caps, but what about all the other non-jacket items? Are they all US-made? Certainly the jackets are not but what's to separate any repro from the Chinese junk except a different stamp or label?

Serious questions.

Dave

ww2imp

unclegrumpy said:
I have to agree with Juan, that the price of this sweater is not really out of line. It is not cheap either, but if the quality is really there, it would be worth it. If someone like J Crew had this sweater, it probably would be $225, because then it would be "fashion".

If J Crew or LL Bean sold this sweater it would price several hundred dollars. People must remember that the Asian made products are NOT the only products available. When the market shifts it's expectations of pricing to the "low" end of the specturm people loose sight of the higher end, along with it's higher end quality. Look at Eastman Jackets. Our garments cater to the folks who appreciate products of higher caliber who don't always go to the lowest bidder.

Eastman doesn't sell the highneck sweater (5-button). They sell the mechanic's sweater which is a V-neck style. In fact the collar work is where the bulk of the labor is to produce this sweater. When we produce the mechanic's sweater (v-neck) our price will be competative with the Eastman version. ;)

Again, You Get What You Pay For! Anyone who is familiar with our products knows that we sell quality. We are working on the shoes. They will be upcoming shortly and I will post updates when available.

Grant

Great looking sweater and having it made is the US is worth paying for. I hate seeing any repro stuff with made in China labels.
Awesome news on the shoes as well!

unclegrumpy

Grant said:
Great looking sweater and having it made is the US is worth paying for. I hate seeing any repro stuff with made in China labels.
Awesome news on the shoes as well!

Ditto!

watchmanjimg

My initial thought was that the price is high, but the points raised in this thread are well taken with regard to the apparent quality of the item. I've owned repros made by WW2 Impressions as well as ATF and there's really no comparison. The HBTs produced by WW2 Impressions are of a noticeably sturdier fabric than ATF (at least as of my 2006 ATF order) and my 1941-pattern Army trousers are still going strong after more than 5 years. While it's true that ATF now appears to offer the same service shoes as WW2 Impressions, I would point out that the price is the same. Thus, any advantage as to either supplier would be based solely on product availability. The imported footgear offered by ATF is decidedly inferior to the Corcorans in my direct personal experience.

For those who can fit into original sweaters a conundrum is presented, in that originals can likely be found for much less than Juan charges. Personally I wouldn't destroy a historical item playing soldier, but to each his own. For larger guys it's a no-brainer. In any event Juan's latest offering appears to be a finely crafted item that is faithful to the original design.

ww2imp said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

WWII Impressions is proud to present...

sweaterfront.JPG

For more information on our beautiful new sweater please visit

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusarmysweaters.html

Outstanding sweater!
I would like to order one but I'll need to know if a size 40 will be a loose fit on a 39 expanded chest ( I prefer a snug fit) I also like to know the sweater back length from bottom of collar to bottom of the hem.
Thank you!

unclegrumpy

Outstanding sweater!
I would like to order one but I'll need to know if a size 40 will be a loose fit on a 39 expanded chest ( I prefer a snug fit) I also like to know the sweater back length from bottom of collar to bottom of the hem.

It looks like you live pretty close to WWII Impressions, so you could probably make an appointment to try one on. If you do, let us know what you think.

ww2imp

unclegrumpy said:
Outstanding sweater!

It looks like you live pretty close to WWII Impressions, so you could probably make an appointment to try one on. If you do, let us know what you think.

It would be my pleasure. Remember, I am in the final stages of production. I will post an announcement hereon when they are ready.

unclegrumpy said:
Outstanding sweater!

Good call!
I just noticed that they are close to me.
I will call .

CBI

Nice sweater and so glad its made in the USA.

I don't want to get too far off topic but this is a great example of the false economy we live in. This price is reasonable considering YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR who lives on the same street you do in the US is making it.

We are so used to wanting the best prices (at any cost). Problem is, there is no such thing as a free lunch and we are paying for this export of cheap labor on so many levels here in the US. Oh, its not all the union's fault. I was just talking to the Mrs. yesterday about how I have lost almost all interest in standard retail anything. I hate feeding the machine.

So, with all that. The price for the sweater is understandable. I usually buy ATF because they are close by and I usually get things overnight but I will probably switch to WWII Impressions as their "fair trade" policies are the way to go.

Thanks WW2Imp

A

Anonymous

I see where you are coming from. Made in USA is a selling point, and if I lived in USA I would have made my jackets there, no question about it.

Sure I applaud ww2imp's product which looks very nice and I am sure it is. But let's not blame the Asians for the quality of their products. The Asians will make a product as good as they are instructed to. Look at Nike shoes for example. Any of you has a problem with their quality? (pricewise they are still sold as if they were made in USA but that's another story)

Everybody is outsourcing these days, without compromising as regards to quality. Look at Levi's for example.

I have seen fashion sweaters (not like this of course) that sell at $30 or $50 and they are still great quality.

The issue here is that this kind of products are address to a VERY limited market, (I experienced that with my jackets) so i can't blame ww2imp for his price.

When I talked about the price the first time, I meant that, for example, in comparison with a Tanker Jacket that sells at abt $135 the $145 sounded expensive.

zoomer

I wouldn't balk at $145 for a sweater if it's going to last me 20 years - and I've had top quality, heavy all-wool sweaters last that long.