• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Half Price Good Wear?

Jason

That's the business! Some sort of understatement from JC when he says "we are quite happy with these new hides", surely? That looks fantastic, and will be even more so with a few hundred airframe hours. John has transcended art to the point where even the word 'perfection' seems inadequate.

buzzthetower

Administrator
Gents,

That jacket is big, and so is the original that it's based from. You can see the original no-name 27753 (definitely made by Cable Raincoat) in size 46, and this is the exact jacket used for this pattern. I've handled several in size 46, and they're all very large for the size tag.

Comparison1.jpg

Comparison2.jpg

This new goatskin is quite fun, and we should have seal brown in a few days. Also, the new full grain Italian horsehide has arrived (a sample batch) in russet and seal, and the stuff is also wonderful. Very grainy and beautiful.

Best,
John

Ian C

Is it a roomy 46 John. I've got a feeling it might be my size regarding length etc if you have the measurements to hand please?

Ian

SuinBruin

Ian, full measurements are at the end of the listing linked in Dave's original post.

Sweet jacket, whoever gets it will be very lucky. (At some point I should get a Cable, it's my mother's maiden name and my middle name.)

jschare

John,

You need to make these test jackets in 40 or 42! I'm beginning to think you don't like short people! :eek:

FlyingYankee

I have it coming, so I will have to see how it fits. My intention is to be able to layer a wooly pulley underneath for walks on the Maine seacoast. If it doesn't work someone here can have it for what I paid.

derleicaman

I have John's Cable Raincoat Sz46 Nr1 which he made back in 2011. Here is a photo from his website with John modeling the jacket. I bought the jacket direct from John at that time.
http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/C ... _view3.jpg

This was one of the first jackets made with the then new Indian goat skin. Of course, it is a work of art and is one of my favorite Good Wears. I was sorely tempted by the latest one for sale. Quite a bargain and it looks even better than mine! The new one seems to be a fuller cut than mine. This jacket is one of my slimmer GW A-2s, however it is a bit longer than most of my 46s. More like a 48 in length.

Marv

Looks great, having had goatskin A2s in the past, I now prefer horse for A2s and goat for G1s......keeping it simple :)