• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Star

ZuZu

Here are some pics of my GW Star. This was an "official" order so it was made to my requests which were:

Shinki leather oversprayed with dull brown pigment.

Smoothish thickish Shinki which I knew from experience would gain grain from use. (It has)

Large size 46/7/8 which would be a loose (what I consider WW2) fit.

A NOS Talon and exact hardware of original Stars.

Dull brown thread with no glaring contrast to leather.

20231113_153153 (1).jpg

Brettafett

Great jacket! Yes, John really got the hue right on this.
That dull chocolate brown, like so many originals, but you dont find many repro makers getting it right.
Love how the colour matches the knit also.
Fit is classic WW2! Going to be fun to see this wear in, over time...
Another 'Kapow!' from Mr Chapman.

ZuZu

They could be twins. ;)
You are right in noticing that when worn my jacket's collar looks a bit off. I have to squish it down more (Get it wet and literally flatten it) as if it had lain in a box for a few weeks or months. Then the collar would "lay down" the way it should when worn. I did it with my Aero and it worked.

Silver Surfer

original star named and with a 96th bg patch, and 15th af shou
IMG_4632.jpg
IMG_4633.jpg
IMG_4635.jpg
IMG_4636.jpg
IMG_4631.jpg
lder patch. the hides are slightly lighter in color than most stars, and interestingly, it was fitted with a 3x marks talon puller. it is tagged a size 40,, but fits larger, more like a size 42.

Last edited:

ZuZu

original star named and with a 96th bg patch, and 15th af shouView attachment 127157View attachment 127159View attachment 127161View attachment 127163View attachment 127155lder patch. the hides are slightly lighter in color than most stars, and interestingly, it was fitted with a 3x makes talon puller. it is tagged a size 40,, but fits larger, more like a size 42.
Very cool! An original Star new in the box I had back in 1979 was this same color- but although tagged a 42 it was really a 40 at best. A classic Star- do you still wear it?

Lorenzo_l

original star named and with a 96th bg patch, and 15th af shouView attachment 127157View attachment 127159View attachment 127161View attachment 127163View attachment 127155lder patch. the hides are slightly lighter in color than most stars, and interestingly, it was fitted with a 3x makes talon puller. it is tagged a size 40,, but fits larger, more like a size 42.

What a beauty, Vic. Looks pretty much in wearable condition from here. Another gem in your collection.

ZuZu

Yup, fits him great. We had lots of funny looks trying on jackets and geeking out over zips and knits.
A yes- the Addiction! When I first met Mr. Jacket back in 2000 or so we met in a parking lot- jackets strewn all over etc. etc. Long story short the cops came over and soon one became a very interested bystander. Geek Geek Nerd Nerd!