• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Sale Page

JDAM

Nice 27753. Strange they state it was mostly made in goatskin. Every one I've seen was horse.

John Lever

I see there is a collaboration jacket with Aero. Surely this is the best endorsement possible though Aero don't need it.

Otter

John Lever said:
I see there is a collaboration jacket with Aero. Surely this is the best endorsement possible though Aero don't need it.

I can hear the shouts now "Kill the unbeliever" and "Splitter!" ;)

blackrat2

That Star is sweet nice "snag"...one for the smaller guys
The RW was made by John,Couchy..doesn't say in the Cable...nice jackets for sure

ButteMT61

jschare said:
I just sent $635 through PayPal for the Star. This will be my first original!

Congrats - that's an amazing looking piece! Please post more pics when you get it.

Roughwear

JDAM said:
Nice 27753. Strange they state it was mostly made in goatskin. Every one I've seen was horse.

Simon, I think there is some confusion here. The listing has 42-10008 in the title, which was largely a goatskin contract. The jacket does have a 25573 label and this contract was exclusively made from horse hide.

Silver Surfer

of interest, i have a cable 10008 that is made of the more uncommon hh. i also have a 10008 in goat. same construction, different hides.

buzzthetower

Administrator
Gents,

Good calls on the goofs. I was doing this up to 4am, and being that I've mostly been getting Cable labelled jackets, I missed that the 27753 was used. D'oh! My favorite, by far though, was that I had the MA-1 as not being "beated down" too much. Oh my. "I's selling jacket here not beated down!"

More info will come out about the Cable series of jackets. The idea is that they be available far faster than what I can do, but on par in quality, pattern, and parts. Aero are also working with us, and more info will be coming out in a bit.

I didn't have time to list these jackets, but will soon put up:

Aero 16160 A-2 with Doolittle Raider autographs:
http://www.goodwearleather.com/new_aero_16160/

And this seal Star A-2:
http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Star_No5_44/

I've got sewing to finish so I cannot get those up as of yet.

Thanks!
John

269sqnhudson

Oooh an Aero collaboration. Aero's Aeros :? are already sounding better from the blurb on their site...this could be well worth watching!

2BM2K

Interesting news about the cooperation between Aero and Goodwear.

I like the dark seal chrome-tanned goatskin used for the Dubow jacket. Good
to see someone using chrome-tanned leather rather than veg-tanned leather.

Not so keen on the stitching, it is not very Dubow-like.
Most noticeable around the pocket corners.
Dubow uses about 9 to 10 stitches per inch which makes it look different to this.

pocket.jpg