• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Bronco A-2 Sz44

Cobblers161

Beautiful jacket, shame it's the wrong size for me or I'd be after it for sure.

Why the sale? Just out of interest.

mowgli

Good catch, I made a typo on the description and listed 28.5 vice 26.5 for the sleeve length. As far as the reason I'm selling, I bought John's first Poughkeepsie A-2 about 2 months ago, and since I'm mostly a G-1 wearer, this jacket isn't used much. I have been refining my G-1 collection to obtain specific characteristics, so there will also be a few Sz 44 G-1s going on sale soon.

Mowgli

delta102uk

mowgli said:
Good catch, I made a typo on the description and listed 28.5 vice 26.5 for the sleeve length. As far as the reason I'm selling, I bought John's first Poughkeepsie A-2 about 2 months ago, and since I'm mostly a G-1 wearer, this jacket isn't used much. I have been refining my G-1 collection to obtain specific characteristics, so there will also be a few Sz 44 G-1s going on sale soon.

Mowgli

I'm also a 44 G-1 wearer!...what models/specs will you be selling?

Sean K

mowgli

Gents,

A few have asked about the G-1s I intend on selling. The first jacket is a 1964 Ralph Edwards G-1 (7823 C) and the second is a late 50's LW Foster G-1 (7823 AER); both are in outstanding condition. The RE has extremely soft leather (completely different from another RE jacket I owned from the same contract), nice rust color mouton, and no holes from patches or a name tag. The cuffs and waistband did have a few moth holes which were darned. I don't think the jacket was ever issued, and if so, it was never used. The LW Foster is equally nice with very minimal wear. The cuffs and waistband are original without holes. When I bought the jacket 6 years ago, it had the original mouton, but afterwards, a section of the mouton came off. It was replaced with vintage mouton by a man named Voight, who came recommended from a few of the older members of a previous VLJ forum. I'm selling both jackets because I am limiting my jackets to models/versions with scalloped pockets, my personal favorites. As far as price, I think I'll sell both on eBay since the value of these jackets have fluctuated widely over the past several years.

Mowgli

RE Sz 44
DSC03231.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

DSC03235-1.jpg

DSC03234-1.jpg

LW Foster Sz 44
DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03296.jpg