Fried Ostermann M-444A in outstanding condition

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by bazelot, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Falcon_52

Falcon_52 Member

I completely understand about the smell element - there is definitely something about it.

Looking back through your photos, I noticed something interesting in the zipper photo. The bottom of the wind flap has a clean-cut edge instead of the familiar folded edge with the fleece showing. I wonder if this was a manufacturing anomaly perhaps? Anyway, some food for thought. Excellent jacket by the way! :)

Noel

2. bazelot

bazelot Well-Known Member

It looks like Fried Ostermann always have the flap sitting higher than the zipper tab. You can see it on their M422As and also in this case on the M444. No idea why they made their jackets like that. This was definitely factory made.

3. Tommy

Tommy New Member

[​IMG]

Image borrowed from Goodwear.

How long were these in issue for? Does the fact the officer appears to be wearing Winter Green's rather than Khakis help date it at all?

Anyways yours is a seriously nice example! Did Eastman (I know they had one planned), or anyone else ever make a repro of these?

4. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Spoke to Gary about it recently. It's on the back burner.

Tommy likes this.
  5. m444uk

m444uk Active Member