• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fivestar leather A-10 usaaf gloves

pierregloom

Hi guys, I just received the USAAF type A-10 gloves manufactured by Fivestar today.

I chose the "seal brown" version because in the pictures i thought it will be great to wear with my future Bronson B-10 jacket, and at first glance they look great and will do the job!
After talking with Shawn (who I'd like to thank for taking the time to get back to me about this) I went for a size S and they fit perfectly. The leather will develop with wear, I'm really pleased.

The color is quite dark but I imagine it will develop a patina over time. And the knitwear is good too. The lining is simple fleece, nothing like the originals or reproductions from Mash or Eastman I imagine, but for the price I wanted to pay and the effectiveness of this fleece (the gloves are very warm) I'm delighted.

Here are a few pictures!

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

Oh, and for those of you who live in France, I ordered them from the Overlord museum shop in Normandy (next to Omaha beach). They're a Fivestar dealer, and it's great for the delivery costs!

;)

Last edited:

Blackboxr1200S

Thanks for the review and the tip on buying from the Overlord museum shop.
Gloves look great.
Was planning on getting me a pair for this winter.
Was in the museum last month. The USAAF shop is great.
They display several jackets of both 5* and AVI. Took the opportunity compare both makers.
Plenty of T-shirts, badges etc.

1698256255896.png

pierregloom

Thanks for the review and the tip on buying from the Overlord museum shop.
Gloves look great.
Was planning on getting me a pair for this winter.
Was in the museum last month. The USAAF shop is great.
They display several jackets of both 5* and AVI. Took the opportunity compare both makers.
Plenty of T-shirts, badges etc.

View attachment 124815
Great ! I didn't know that they were also selling Avi stuff, It's cool to know that we begin to find some stores were to buy (or try) this kind of material, like it was possible at the time when there were Avirex jackets almost everywhere. And for the delivery time and price, with no customs charges, it's really convenient.
For info I bought my gloves 36€ and paid around 5€ for delivery, when they are sold 26€ but with 40€ for delivery on Fivestar website, I think it was worth the cost.