• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Dubow 27798 update 20 months in

usafchappyt

I took some photos for the FiveStar photo contest, I thought I'd share (didn't win, congrats to those who did!)

Original long-form review here In general, as predicted, the russet HH has transformed from boring smooth naugahyde vinyl texture to some really interesting grain and wrinkling. I'll do some close-ups later.

Pics:
IMG_5554.jpg

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5604 1.jpg

Silver Surfer

aha. I went back to your initial review, and have to write, with wear, the jacket looks like a totally different jacket....for the better. a lot better.

johnwayne

Looks nice but if I’m honest I think the collar is too pointy/long - I know Dubow’s we’re more than some (I have an original 29978) but that looks exaggerated, more like a Spiewak to me. Nice colour and fit too.

usafchappyt

I know, right? I was almost disappointed when I got it at first. But everyone here was like "Horsehide looks soooooo good with age" so I held out, and I'm glad I did. and this is just 20 months in! I only regret that being active duty, my "work clothes" are all camo and I don't get to wear it but maybe once a week, so aging is slow, I can only imagine what a decade is going to look like. I'm going to provide some detail photos of the grain character at some point.
aha. I went back to your initial review, and have to write, with wear, the jacket looks like a totally different jacket....for the better. a lot better.

usafchappyt

How do you go about ordering the various customizations you had (longer length, knit and thread colors)?
Email with Shawn: [email protected]
You can also contact him through facebook messenger and Whatsapp. Discuss customizations with him, then order through the website a jacket that is close to what you want (ie goat or hh of your jacket model) and then after send him the order number, he'll apply your customizations to that order.