• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Leather Rough Wear 27752 on their FB page

Blackboxr1200S

I once asked Shawn for a few samples, because as you say... pictures are deceptive and you have no idea what it looks like.
Even here it's not easy, but you get the idea how "red" the brandy is compared to the brandy brown.

IMG_20240426_192037.jpg
IMG_20240426_192120.jpg

CBI

No, I am not getting any commissions from 5 Star!!!!!!! - I'm just happy to FINALLY see a great budget option for a nice looking A-2. I reached out to Shawn about an order which is all set in re pulling the trigger but if I approach rationally, no way I need another A-2, it would just be for the fun of ordering one.

Last edited:
Hello sir,
Last year a friend bought an A-2 5* and looking at the leather of the flap I found strange the hardness of this part of the jacket after handling you can feel that it is glued. Maybe not all their production.
.....and here is another Five Star RW from a customer photo: I ask you all, how is this NOT pretty much level competition with the high end folks? Great hide and details. Still a few things no doubt but again, the price difference is huge. Very impressed with the headway Shawn and crew have made/are making. Owner says its their Brandy HH which always looks way more red in other photos so maybe thats a thing/an issue but I think this jacket is $350 new plus shipping. That's amazing and you get it made for you in 2-3 weeks................. the cuff knits look a bit wonky and it looks like possibly one pocket flap is a bit larger than the other? But, based on this photo, I am asking why this would not be considered as good as any other RW repro/maker?

View attachment 146213

Just the mark of a custom-made jacket!

Skyhawk

Please tell me: what is an RW collar?
Rough Wear, a WWII A-2 jacket maker.
Every maker had a unique collar shape. It is just the style of each brand. These unique shapes help identify jackets that have no labels. They are that unique to each MFG.

Some people who are aware of these differences put a great deal of importance on these shapes being correct. Rightly so.